── 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛.

𝐖 𝐄 𝐇 𝐀 𝐕 𝐄 𝐈 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋 𝐋

𝑎 𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦

' 𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠 𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑑

𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑖𝑎𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑜𝑙𝑑

𝑏𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑦, 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘

𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙. '

═══════════════════════════════════

the brutal, bloody boy with a ruthless determination to prove himself.

the clever, cunning girl with a perfectly cultivated flair for death.

these are the star-crossed lovers whose story was never truly told. a pair whose talent for violence and chaos both united them and ultimately brought about their tragic ends. a pair who were ready to kill and yet born to die.

through the use of pim stones' 'we have it all' a picture of their at once both strange and heartbreaking love story will be painted, following their first meeting at the academy to the moment of their untimely departures from this world, and their shared realisation that the perhaps this was always to be their destiny.

═══════════════════════════════════

author's note - hey guys! i know this is spontaneous as fuck but i heard this song and couldn't not write this because the lyrics are a perfect fit to their story. this is going to be a canon conforming oneshot from cato's point of view, detailing their lives together growing up in the academy and eventually reaching their deaths in the arena. it does not really follow any gladiators/general veenyxx headcanon clato lore, this is basically as close to regular canon as i will probably ever write. it will be sad boi hours, you have been warned. there will also be a fair amount of violence (which is a given you should expect when clicking on a clato book) but anyway. this will be a one part song fic where the verses correspond to different parts of their life together, and is inspired by 'we have it all' by pim stones. i do recommend listening to the song before you read this as it will make it way more emotional especially nearer to the end.

CW for strong violence, language, implications of underage sex and major character death.

but yeah i hope you enjoy it and good luck bring tissues.

much love as always,

vee xx

═══════════════════════════════════

' ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑚𝑒

𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑚𝑒

𝑖 𝑎𝑚 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢

𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒. '