Avengers x reader

Word count: 3741

Y/n's pov:
"Miss y/n, there is someone at the door for you." Jarvis said through the intercom. "Ok Jarvis I'll be right there." I said, putting a book mark in the book I was reading and put the book down. I jumped up and ran down the hall to the stairs, which I proceeded to almost fall down, and ran to the door. I pulled the door open and saw my boyfriend standing there in front of me. In the snow. And wearing a suit. "Get out of the snow, dipshit. You'll get sick." I said, giggling. He stepped into the tower and took off his shoes. He followed me into the kitchen and sat down at the counter. "Why do you look like you just came from a wedding?" I asked, boiling some water on the stove. "Because I just came from a wedding. I made a stop before I came though." He said. I placed a cup of tea in front of him. "So why'd you come without telling me?" I asked him. "Because... because I have really bad news." He said. The rest of the avengers were out on a mission. They told me they'd be back later that night. "Oh?" I asked. "Yeah. How about we move this to the living room?" He said. "Ok." I said. We both grabbed our tea and went and sat on the couch. "So what's your news?" I asked nervously. "I really really didn't want this to happen. But, my family is moving to Virginia in a few days so I can get a higher education so I can try and get that job that I wanted. I'm really, truly sorry baby. I know you've gone through so much in the last few months, and I wish I didn't have to do this. Just know that I love you forever, and that I'll love you till the day I die." He said, tearing up. My heart dropped. The air got caught in my throat. "I-I" I couldn't speak. I started sobbing. "Oh baby come here." He said, pulling me close. We sat like this for a while until I stopped crying. I wiped my tears from my cheeks. "I have a few gifts for you baby. I have to go get them from my car. I'll be right back." He said, getting up and going out the door to his car. When he came back, he was holding a small gift box, and a bouquet of flowers. He came back to the sofa and sat down in the same spot as earlier. He handed me the box. I untied the small ribbon and gently lifted the lid off. Inside was a rose gold heart locket with a rose gold chain. Carved on the front were our initials. I carefully clicked the lock on the locket and opened it to see inside. On one side, there was a small picture of the two of us at prom. On the other, a small engraving. "I'll love you till the day I die". I was speechless. I just stared at him, wide eyed.  "Do you like it?" He asked. "Babe I love it!" I responded, hugging him tightly. "Shit my phone is ringing." He said, quickly pulling his phone out of his pocket. "Crap it's my mom I've gotta answer this." He said, standing up and leaving the room. "Ok, ok. I'll get home as soon as I can." He said. He sounded annoyed. "I have to go. My mom needs me to come home and finish packing. Goodbye baby." He said. I stood up and walked over to him. I had put the locket on when he left the room. I hugged him as tight as I could, knowing that it'd be the last time for a long time that I'd be able to hug him like this. "Goodbye love." I said. I let go and he left the tower.

I went to the kitchen and put the empty mugs in the sink and grabbed a vase from a cupboard and filled it with water. I brought the vase into the living room and took the flowers out of the paper they were wrapped in. There was a small tag tied around the flowers. "I can only love you until the last flower dies." I read aloud. "This bitch is givin me mixed signals. First he says he'll never stop loving me, now he says he can only love me until the last flower dies." I thought to myself. I took the tag off the flowers and put them in the vase. The rest of the avengers got home soon after. "Hey what's up?" Peter said, immediately noticing the tear stains on my face. "My boyfriend is moving to Virginia." I said, tearing up again. "Oh honey." Nat said, coming over and giving me a hug.

Time skip: it's February now and you haven't heard anything from your boyfriend since he left back at the beginning of January. You thought he was just busy and would call you when he got a minute, but no. It had been a month and there was nothing.