Chapter Nineteen

yo yo yo! oya we have had enough break, let the train moveeee.😁

Bilal

The next day as early as 8a.m. we were already at the hospital, last night wasn’t funny, I didn’t get any ounce of sleep. When we got to the private room Yasmeen was placed in, we met Farouk sitting close to her bed on a plastic chair with his head bowed on the bed, when he head our footsteps he raised his head and acknowledged our presence. Yasmeen was under a lot of tubes and an oxygen mask. Now I feel ten folds terrible.

“Assalamualykum, good morning. Ya Farouk, how is she?” Fadila said while taking her seat on one of the close reclining chairs.

“Oh hi,walykumusallam warahmatulah. Fadila how and you? And she’s holding on pretty well.” He gestured for her to sit at the seat he just vacated, he sat close to me and we exchanged pleasantries like nothing happened, it still surprises how his nature is, oh well.

*few hours later.*

It was around 11a.m. just when their mother arrived with their eldest brother I assume. We all greeted them when they stepped into the room but immediately she saw the state her daughter is, she broke down into silent sobs and went closer to her. When she finished making supplication for her, her attention turned to Farouk.

“Mr Man, you are in serious trouble you know. Now tell me how the heck it got to this, you are suppose to be her supposed bodyguard.” She air quoted her last sentence, even out of anger she still pull jokes wow.

“Dr Mommy, I am so sorry, walahi ban ma san zata fita ba, (I swear I didn’t know she was going out) because she always call me and tell me her whereabouts.” Farouk replied with a sulky face holding his ears to show how sorry he was.

“You see why since in the first place I bought the idea for them to rent one apartment instead of them been far apart.” The elder brother said, with a little anger but in a cool way. What’s wrong with this family with been so cool now I feel like choking with too much guilt.

“Yen yen yen, Ya Sadiq the perfect gentleman said Yasmeen, anyways we are not too far, you are just exaggerating. Besides you know me and this our stubborn madam in one house, the house will just burn.” Farouk retaliated. Sadiq was about to reply when their mother chipped in.

“Ya Salam, will both of you shut up.” She gave them a hard glare. Just then Fadila chipped in too.

“Mama pardon Ya Farouk, but it wasn’t his fault.”

And just then Farouk stood up and hugged his mother. Everything was getting too much, and I was sweating even under the AC. So instead I excused myself and went out to get fresh air and think better.

Farouk

We still kept having our family banter but it was light, because of the mood on our weight, silently waiting for our missy to wake up. Even Fadila later cave in after been shy.

“Dr Mommy what will happen now when she wakes up?” Ya Sadiq asked mama. Ya khalid couldn’t make it, because someone has to stay back at home and his work couldn’t allow him also, but we promised to keep him on every tab. Same as Khalifah who hasn’t returned from school yet.

“Gaskia we can’t leave her here kam, I was hoping to speak with the doctors, immediately she’s awake and they approve of her travel. I am taking her back to our hospital, under my watch where I can keep an eye and take care of her well, I can’t risk someone messing with my daughters health o.” Mommy said.

Just then my phone rang and it was Nabeelah calling. I excused myself and went out to pick her call.

“Hey, how are you. Sorry I haven’t called to ask, hope you went back home safely?”

“Yes I did, haba bakomai (It’s okay) I really understand the condition you are, how is she? I am just so sad and devastated I am not with her.”

I could feel the sadness in her voice and it hurts.

“Don’t worry my dear, I promised to put you through a video call with her when she’s awake. Because at this point she’s phoneless, the phone broke during the accident. Just pray ko In Shaa Allah she will wake up just fine.” I reassured her.

“Alright thanks Ya Farouk, I will be waiting and In Shaa Allah I have been praying for her full recovery , how is Mama and everyone holding up?”

“Oh boy, please not you too. Get away with the Yaya stuff, we have passed that stage ai. Oh and yes, well, they are holding on good with great hope.” She chuckled at me at the same time sympathize with me, we talked a little more and I ended the call promising not to forget to call her when Yasmeen is awake.

Just when I was about going back into the room I sighted Bilal sitting on one of the slabs with his head bent down in deep thought, and I walked up to him. I sat down close to him and said. “With all due respect sir, what really happened? And why are you wallowing like you a very guilty person, except you have something.” I said looking at him with meaning.

He raised his head and smiled weakly, “Oh come on, do away with the sir, we are not on school grounds. Besides we have passed that stage a long time, well you might be right, there is something that has been making me on edge but I am looking for the right channel to do it right.” He said casting his gaze away from me.

“I hope this doesn’t have to be involved with my sister?” I casted a glare his way. He just looked down and shook his head, uhmm this man is playing with fire but let’s see how his game turns out, I am just keeping cool waiting on my sister to wake up.

“You know, my sister practically tells me everything about her life especially how you welcomed her into the department, two, I lost every ounce of respect left in me for you when you pulled that stunt with your sister that night. It’s just a matter of time.” I stood up and left him with his thoughts.

“Oga where did you enter.” Ya Sadiq asked.

“Detective I went to pick a call.” I rolled my eyes at him, all thanks to living so much with Yasmeen.

“Dr Mommy you were talking about booking a hotel dazu, I think I should do that now.”

“Please don’t go and book yeye hotel for use o, besides one room should be enough ko Sadiq, and just two nights. Even though I have a feeling we shall  be spending just a night but let’s see how things goes.”

“Yes one room should be enough, it’s been long I slept with our own dearest mother. Let me feel like a baby even if it’s just for a night.” Ya Sadiq said laughing and that earned him Mommy’s slippers on his head.

“Mommy trust my taste o, it’s one of the good hotels I am booking.”

“Oya let’s go Farouk.” Ya Saidq said while standing up.

“Fadila you are still here ba?” I asked her and she gave me a look and I surrender. “Of course I am here, besides I enjoy Mama’s company.” She grinned.

“Toh su Dr Mommy anyi sabon kawa, (Mommy has a made a new friend).” I said and it was my own turn to receive her second slippers. We all laughed, me and Yaya finally left to book a room at Fabs hotel. When we got out I didn’t see Bilal where I left him. Oh well.

****
Hey hey hey, a reminder to please to forget to vote and comment o🥺

Love,
Zubby💙