26

Gwen worked in the back of the store while changing someones oil on their bike. While watching the oil spill into the bucket, she spaced out with Hunter running through her head.

It was that stupid smile of his. That messy hair. And those pretty blue eyes. She hated it. But she adored it at the same time. Even though the two finally talked things out, nothing went back to the way it was before.

Suddenly the same blue eyes she was just thinking about were right in her face. "What are you up to?"

Gwen flinched from shock. She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't even hear him walking over to her. "Sorry, did I scare you?"

"Maybe a little. I was just doing a bit of thinking." Gwen said awkwardly. She fixed her glasses and brushed the hair away from her face.

"What were you thinking about?" Hunter asked. He leaned against the counter next to her and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Nothing." Gwen lied. She wasn't going to admit what she was thinking about. She was too scared to tell him anything.

"What are you doing here all by yourself? Wouldn't you rather be with the others?" He asked.

"A guy came in asking for an oil change for his bike. Dustin wasn't here at the time so I just decided to do it myself."

"I didn't know you knew how to do this."

"I kinda had to learn at one point. There's times where all you guys are at Ninja Ops, so I'm stuck here having to do everything by myself most of the time."

Hunter looked down at the floor and smiled. "You really are perfect." He mumbled to himself.

Gwen didn't quite hear what he said, but she wasn't going to questioned it. Hunter looked back at Gwen and smiled. She felt him staring. She looked up and raised an eyebrow on him. "Is there something on my face?" She asked

"Maybe a bit of oil. But I noticed that you're wearing glasses. I didn't know you wore them."

Gwen completely forgot she was wearing them. "I never really wear them. I only ever wear them if I'm doing something like this or if I ever forget my contacts." She explained.

"You should wear them more often. They look cute on you." Hunter complimented.

Hunter smiled when he saw her blush. Gwen looked away and used her hair to cover the side of her face. "I doubt I'll wear them often." She said. She pushed herself off the counter and grabbed the bucket of oil and walked away.

Hunter dropped his head and frowned. He walked back to where Blake was at and sat down next to him. "Things are still awkward." Hunter frowned.

"What did you expect? For her to immediately feel comfortable around you?" Blake questioned sarcastically.

Hunter slapped Blake's shoulder. "Shut up." He muttered. "I need to get my mind off this. Maybe we should go see Perry now."

"If it helps, then let's go."

~

She said that she missed being around him. That they could try and get along again. But she hadn't realized how hard it was going to be. Gwen still missed him. But being around him still hurt.

Cam walked into her room while she was laying in her bed and staring up at the ceiling. Gwen sat up to give him some room to sit. He held a cup of tea in his hand and handed it to Gwen. "Thanks." She said, then taking a sip. "What are the others doing?"

"Training at the moment. They're also questioning why you're hiding yourself in your room instead of hanging out with them." Cam said.

Gwen sighed. "I'm just doing some thinking."