Chapter 2

(3 Months Later)

Kiara had tried her best to avoid Pratham all these months. He was also too occupied with Ashi. Sometimes she felt due to their particular feelings they lost their friendship, something that used to be so precious to both of them. It hurts, with him it was well just too easy to talk about anything. He would never judge her for her crazy fantasies or any other secret, he would just simply listen and understand and his opinions mattered. One of the reasons she fell in love with him.

She missed him, she missed her best friend. But at the same time, she knew she had the heart to protect. So made herself busy with her studies and NGO. She made herself so occupied with everything to avoid thinking about him. She wanted peace back in her life if not love.

She was revising her lectures when her phone flashed with a name she wanted so hard to forget.

"Hello"

"Yaad hu mae ya bhulgyi merko"

A voice complained behind the phone.

"Aise bol rahe hoo jaise khud bara phone Karte hoo. You have been too busy in your life to talk to me."

"Kya hua hai?"

"Kuch nahi bas parh rahi hoon. Have been busy myself." She taunted

"acha sarcasm karleti hoo. I know I am not able to catch up with you. Par tumhein pata hai naa baba is business join Kiya hai Tu time hi nahi milta. Par ab promise Roz call or text kar ke tumhara dimaag khaunga."

And that night she talked for hours with him and by God, it felt good.

It was good to have her best friend back and she knew she wanted it to remain this way.

It was after a week that Pratham's mother had called her. His mother was just like a mother to her and she loved her a lot. She wanted her to come with them to Ashi's house to discuss the wedding date and Kiara knew she would not be able to sleep for nights now. She tried refusing but he and his mom insisted and Kiara had no option other than to comply.

She was supposed to reach Pratham's home at 7 and she had to get up to get ready..After being ready she observed herself in mirror her eyes were red and puffy, even the makeup wasn't able to hide it.

"God why just me!?"

But sometimes we have to wait to know what awaits us in the future. And today something was about to change.

••••••