°18°

Blind To See

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author's POV

Bombs… Smokes… and scattered bodies everywhere.

Soldiers continued to attack the antagonists, protecting their country as they promised. Screams and cries filled the location along with command shouts. Jungkook, though, was standing right at the front line; holding onto his firearm for his dear life; ready to shoot. There was a sudden attack on the camp, an outburst by what it seems is South Korea.

Hard breathing left his mouth as he tried to keep his legs stable despite them weakening. Multiple spots on his already torn uniform started to appear blood; implying the number of bullets he had taken. His hands trembled badly while he tried so hard to not close his eyes which were getting heavy each second passed. Exhausted… Terrified… is the only thing he felt at the time.

"Stay put, guys!! Make a circle!!" He shouted, taking control of the desperate situation as they immediately complied with his command; creating some kind of ring shape to protect themselves and lessening the chance of getting injured more than they already were. Jungkook is sure that not even thirty minutes had passed, YET, he felt as if he had gone through this for a long time. The smoke and the loud noise didn't make it easier for him and his men to focus; it made him dizzier and before he knew it, his sight started to get blurred.

Just then he remembered someone

Immediately he reached for his side thigh and grabbed his walkie-talkie before pushing the PTT button.

"Bloodied One, this is Bloodied Three; come in." He uttered as he gripped the stuff tighter than ever; almost breaking it. He knows that it took a while to receive the message, however, he couldn't help but feel troubled. At this point, anything could happen, and not that he wished for something to occur but in a war where you never know you'll make it to the end–  he's undoubtedly sensitive. 

Especially for the one he loved.

He just didn't admit it… Yet.

"Go ahead, Bloodied Three."

A wave of relief washed over his heart hearing the certain raspy voice from the other side of the line. Though he couldn't see the male with his eyes, hearing his voice was enough for Jungkook to calm down. The lieutenant just wanted to know that he was alive, nothing else matters at the time.

"Many of us are injured, I don't think we can hold on anymore!! What should we do?!" He reported, almost screaming as another bomb dropped near the area; destroying the land. But not enough to hurt him as he ran around while keeping his guard up. His doe's eyes travelled around; searching for a target to shoot with his gun aimed straight. It showed how much he's ready for this.

It was at that time he saw a soldier standing behind a big rock not so far from them; holding a sniffle towards one of their troopers with a still position.

A snipper.

He snarled in hatred and immediately faced his arm gun towards the snipper before pulling the trigger without wasting any more seconds. He didn't know if the shot would get to the target as foreseen but he knew later when the soldier winced and cupped his palm where the metal pierced right in the middle of it. Jungkook's lips twitched in satisfaction seeing the certain red fluid stream out from the hand.