ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢

𝔟𝔶𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔰

"Did you ever truly love your family, brother?"

The trees above let the light shine through ever-so-slightly, just enough so the woodland path was revealed to them. A gentle breeze moved through the trees, and carried on past them.

Mordecai tilted his head. "How can you say such words, brother? You know how much I love my family."

"But not Zach." Felix argued, not taking his eyes off of the road ahead.

Mordecai frowned, and gave a smug smirk. "If I murdered you, brother, would you still love me?"

Felix bit his inner cheek, deep in thought. "You're my brother," he started, "you'll always be my brother. No matter what."

Mordecai stopped, unappreciative of Felix's response. "You're my brother, and I murdered you. Let that sink in, holier-than-thou."

Felix halted, and turned to face him. "Why did he do it?" He raised a brow. "I never knew."

He raised his chin. "That's between Zachariah and I."

He chuffed. "What a cop-out."

Mordecai shrugged, unwilling to speak any further. "Perhaps one day you'll see it from my side, brother."

"If you kill your brother, there won't be any sides to take."

"You're mistaken, Felix." He smiled. "If I kill my brother, there will be only one side to take."

Together, they emerged from the forest. A beautiful plain of sunshine. Ahead of them, only a few hundred metres away, a beautiful house stood - almost castle-like in form, and shaded a deep blue.

Their home. Manor Celeste. An ancient and beautiful mansion, owned by the long bloodline of Celeste vampires.

A silhouette stood in the window, small in stature and thin at the sides. She flourished her hair behind her shoulder.

"She's still here?" Mordecai smiled. "My little sister. She waited for me."

Felix took a deep breath. "From what I witnessed, Arabella is hardly still here."

Mordecai gave him a confused look.

"I mean, physically yes, she's clear as day...but mentally," he breathed out, "Scarlet has her on the verge of rebellion."

Mordecai grinned. "Good girl."

Felix frowned. "Good girl?" He repeated. "Do you want your little sister to become a ripper, like you?"

He laughed. "I'm no ripper, brother. You'll see, in time." He continued forward. "I'm a fallen angel."