The Manor

Rosanna's P.O.V

"We searched your belongings." Sissy said coming into my room with Draco shortly behind her. "We found a picture of this child."

In her hand she held a photo of Hope, I felt my eyes well up. "Who is she." Draco demanded, he came closer to me and I spat at him. Something when I was ten I would never imagine myself doing.

"Enough." Sissy ordered, "Who is she."

"Alexandra Weasley, my daughter." I told her through bared teeth, she gave me a surprised look.

"You are only seventeen!" She said surprised, I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Eighteen. I am eighteen." I told her, "And why does it matter."

She lifted my hand and examined the ring on my left hand. "You were married, to that Weasley?" She asked a little disgusted. I nodded.

"His. Name. Is. Fred." I told her sharply, I had had a bit of an attitude since I had arrived here. They do not life that.

"Rachel... Please stop being so bitter... I protected you for so many years... You are my daughter." Sissy begged, I turned away from her disgusted. "Rachel please stop this behaviour... If I had known that you would grow up to be like this towards your mother... Your brother..."

"You aren't my mother and he isn't my brother." I told her angrily, I stared out my window which was barred, "you are just trying to use me for your side because you know about my powers don't you?"

"Rachel..."

"My name is Rosanna, and you had your chance to stay my brother Draco... Do you not remember those hateful glares you sent me at school? Well I stopped caring the minute Dumbledore died. When I found out you tried to murder him." I said disgusted, "Why don't you just kill me. Kill me, torture me, just do what ever you want because I am not going to tell you anything, and I sure as hell won't join your side. I have a family. A real family. On the other side." I said, she reached out to touch me but I moved further away.

"You remind me of her." Sissy said sadly, "Your mother, we were once good friends me and her... And well we would have been closer if I was sorted into Gryffindor..."

"Narcissa there was once a time when I stood up for you and for Draco but that was before this war. It is my job to care for my daughter, and there are words, once spoken by possibly the wisest man alive since Merlin himself that get me through this... Happiness can be found, in even the darkest of times... If one only remembers to turn on the light." I took a deep breath, "I say that to my daughter every night... And that she gives me hope. We call her Hope."

"I killed you this morning." Sissy said standing up. She removed the bars on my window and opened it, "they aren't here, the guards, now is your time to run."

I stood in shock. "What?"

"Anna I may have stopped being your mother all those years ago when you left this manor, but you have never, ever, stopped being my daughter, a love like that, well it never goes away dear." Narcissa said, she circled me slowly looking me in the eye as she went by.

"I really don't understand... why are you doing this for me... I was never your daughter... I was a half blood, daughter of two known blood traitors... my uncle is a werewolf for goodness sakes! Yet you took me in, cared for me, treated me as if I were royalty..." I whispered, the words as they left my mouth almost made no sound at all, but she obviously heard me.

Narcissa, a woman I once knew as my mother gave a small smile and sat on the edge of my bed, the one I had slept few nights in. "There... are certain expectations for one to be born into the Black family, or there used to... now we are all but whipped out." She said, "There is no heir to our name, not a single male black still survives to produce a male." She added, I gave a sad nod thinking that my father, if I were not to make it out of this place, would be all but dead until another, if possible, came with the same powers I have.