Elliot-Beach Surprise

"Hello my love,
Come to the beach today at early noon. I have a surprise waiting for you. Dress nicely but comfortably. You will see why.
Love,
Elliot"

You folded up the letter, and placed it back in the envelope. You loved when Elliot wrote you letters. It's not like he lives far, so he could easily just text you, but he made you feel special. You've always wanted an old fashioned type of love, and with Elliot those dreams came true.

You watered the crops, and took care of the chickens and ducks before heading inside to get ready. It took you about 2 hours. By the time you were done outside, it was 10:00. An hour and half to get ready was all you had.

"I wonder what he has up his sleeve for today" you quietly said aloud to yourself. "Dress nicely, but comfortably huh?" You finally found the perfect dress. It was a long sleeved baby blue dress with ruffles. It was flowy, but comfortable. And it had pockets! You had the perfect silver sandals to match. You curled your hair, and put it up in a high ponytail. The beach always had a breeze, so it was probably best to have your hair out of your face. Curling the ponytail made it seem more dressy.

You looked at the clock. It read 11:30. "I should probably start heading out now". The walk from the farm to the beach was about half an hour, so if you left now, you'd get to the beach around 12.

As you were making your way down, you stopped by the saloon to pick up some crab cakes (pretend the saloon is opened at this time) You knew Elliot loved crab cakes, and you thought you'd surprise him as well.

"These technically aren't supposed to go out until tomorrow, but I can make an exception for you. I'm assuming they're for Elliot. How many would you like?" The man behind the counter asked. "Three please, and yes they are. How did you know?" You jokingly asked. Gus handed you the cakes. "That'll be 1,650 gold!" You handed Gus the money that was owed. "Thank you, Gus!"
He beamed, "it's never a problem for one of my most loyal customers."

You walked out of the saloon, and down to the beach. There he was. Sitting on a blanket.

"When I behold thy wondrous face, a precious jewel of form and grace, my heart...torn by the dread of night, is purified with golden light." The words that came out of his mouth. You loved his poetry, and you loved when he wrote poetry for you. It was the most romantic thing a man has done for you.

"You're here! And right on time, like always." Elliot said smiling with his arms extended for a hug. He was a lot bigger than you, and you love being engulfed in his arms. You could drown in them. "You look stunning, my love." He spun you around. "It's just a blue dress, nothing special." You said smiling, looking down. You loved his compliments. It didn't matter how long you had been with him. He somehow still made you flustered with his words. "You're special, so that makes everything about you, including your dress, special." You look up at him and kissed him. "I brought you crab cakes!" You beamed. "A beautiful gift, from a beautiful lady. Thank you, love" and he kissed you again.

You looked at the blanket, and all of the items on the blanket. You immediately spotted a bottle of pink moscato. Your favorite wine. Your eyes light up. "So what's all this?" You asked taking in everything. "I thought we could have a romantic picnic with all of our favorite foods and drinks AND paint."

"Paint?" God, you were in love with this man. He was such a romantic. You weren't the best at painting. "I'm not too good at painting though"

"I'm sure you'll do well. Art is subjective anyways. I thought we could do one of those dates where you paint the same thing. The kind where someone instructs you on what to paint step by step." You thought it was a great idea. Maybe your painting will actually look like a painting. "Sounds fun!"

Elliot takes out his phone, and plays the video. The painting is of a dark night sky with stars all over, and the moon. The main focus is of a silhouette of a person on a swing. With every step, you felt more lost. Definitely not a painting of a person on a swing, but you did your best. You looked over at Elliot's and his looked amazing. He even added a few extra components to give it some pizazz.

When the video was over, Elliot looked at you, and said "let's reveal our paintings to each other in 3, 2, 1.." you both turned your paintings around. Elliot's looked even better than the original painting you were copying. "Elliot, you can write poetry and paint? What can't you do?" He laughed a little. "And yours.... Well you tried"

"Hey!" You said pretending to be offended and he laughed, but you knew it wasn't good. "This was fun, my dear" he said pulling you close to him "let's do to again sometime"

"Okay, but I get to pick the activity this time. Something that I'm good at, and you're not" you said with sass and crossed your arms. That way I can make fun of you." "It's a date."

Elliot then picked up a book of Emily Dickinson's work, and started reading it to you. He knew she was your favorite (aside from him of course), and you could listen to his voice forever. You watched him with love in your eyes, and listened to him read as you drank your wine.