Chapter 2 ~ Train Station Mayhem

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

.
.
.
HOOOOONKKKKKKKK!

     I catapulted out of my bed right onto the floor, causing an equally loud THUMP that woke my mom.

     "Dear? Are you alright?!"

     "I-ow! I'm okay!"

     Yeouch. That was the train "whistle" telling us that we arrived at Crockerfort's train station: Blume. My mother peeked outside our cabin door while I packed our baggage, and saw numerous passengers crawl out of their compartments. A fair bit of them seemed to be old; apparently, Crockerfort has a popular retirement village, but more importantly, I saw a few high school-aged kids.

     Mother and I got our bags and squeezed through the crowd. Luckily, we were not far away from an exit, so the shoving and fighting for air were brief.

     When we got out of the train, the sudden heat smacked me like a baseball bat. Apparently, it's hot during June, so the coat I took wouldn't see much use for now.

     A second thing that struck me was how beautiful  Blume was. Dome-shaped arches lined the station, while stained-glass windows shined all colors of the rainbow; they depicted war heroes, saints, and rulers. The walls had plenty of fancy shops placed along the wall, all sorts of high-end shops that I could definitely not afford. The floor was quite nice, too. Complex patterns made of linoleum shaped like flowers seemed to point in the direction of the exit booth.

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

     Speaking of exits, my mother grabbed my hand and led me towards the exit booth. After waiting in line a bit, and by 'a bit' I mean an hour, we got our tickets verified and we could leave.

     Crockerfort is more upscale than I thought. Those fancy shops in Blume have nothing on the outdoor malls that surround Main Str. Most buildings were styled after Spanish Architecture, but some had a more modern and sleek design. There were these real fancy light-posts that automatically turn on during night. But alas, I am dirt poor, so no shopping for me.

     Our main goal would be to find a cheap inn near St. Clair, which would be impossible considering that most of the inns here cost 300 dollars a night minimum! As a result, my mother decided to book into Faraway Hostel; only 50 minutes from St. Clair! A hostel is essentially a dorm room, but you have six or more roommates who won't help you with rent. But the rent is like 15 dollars so that's...okay.

     My mother would stay at the hostel until school started on August 1; she was with me for emotional support. St. Clair had its dorm rooms open for summer camp, which is where I would stay, which means that I will be going to summer camp. Ah, I was hoping to spend the summer reading manga, but at least I'll get acclimated to St. Clair. And potentially make a friend, too.

.

.

.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(A/N): I'm pretty proud of the descriptions in this chapter! In the next part there will be some characters introduced, so stick around for next Friday 3:00 P.M. PST, because that's when I add new chapters!

It would mean a lot to me if you could vote on this chapter, give feedback, and booklist this story! Thank you for reading!

Credits to @-BUBBLEGUYM for amazing cover!

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚