Chapter 5

Scorch's POV:

Im just sitting here waiting for Wedge. Ugh how long? He's taking forever. Okay, maybe I'm a little impatient, but still. How long does it take to drive to a specific location that you've been going to for months?

Finally, I see a brown racecar driving towards me in the distance. Wedge jumps and transforms.

"Enjoy the scenery?" I asked him bitterly

"Relax, Hothead. Sorry I'm late. You had no clue the strings I had to pull to get here. Hotshot is so onto me. They all are." Wedge told me

"Don't let them find out. Because if they turn you offline, I'm gonna be so bored" I smirked, acting like I didn't care.

"Wow aren't you sweet?" Wedge said, obviously sarcastic.

I smile at him. 

"Okay onto todays lesson." Wedge said. I was so not excited. But it was with Wedge so, it would be fun. It always was. Wedge is.. really nice to be around. I felt myself smile. Ugh snap out of it, Scorch. Wedge of all bots? Primus.

"So todays lesson is-" a small creature with wings flew by us 

"Woah! What is that?" I cut Wedge off

He rolled his eyes at me "Its a moth, Scorch. Something that you share the same attention span with"

"Do not!" He was definitely saying I got distracted too easily. Which was true. But, I wasn't gonna tell him that.

"Then prove it" Was that a challenge? Fine

Wedge started explaining to me the basics of the lesson. Seemed kinda pointless to learn it but if its what Wedge said was important then sure. 

"So do you understand?" Wedge asked me

"Yeah it makes a lot of sense!" I told him. To be fair, I understood why the rescue bots would find this topic kinda important. Huh, I guess I just needed it to be explained to me.

"Awesome! And we've still got 20 minutes to spare! So what do ya wanna do?"

This was a good time to ask some questions about everyone at the academy. Wedge filled me in on a lot that was going on so I'm kinda curious to know how everything has progressed since I hadn't asked in a while

"Hmm. How's Hotshot and Medix?" They really haven't coupled up last time I heard

"They still haven't gotten together yet!" Unbelievable. 

"But they totally act like a couple!" Wedge continued

"Do tell"

"So, once, I went to the med bey to help Hotshot find his missing cube, you know, to see if it was there. So then-" 

His voice was... really pretty. Ugh pay attention Scorch! 

"And Hotshot denied the entire thing!" Too late.

I started to laugh even though I had no clue what he said. "Hotshot really is stupid. Oh you know, there was this one time he..."

Wedge's POV:

His laugh is really cute. Shut up Wedge, you guys are just friends. But.. I've never felt this way with any of my friends at the academy. Maybe I should just listen to the story. Oh too late he just finished. 

"So, what do we do?" I decide to change the topic

"Why don't we race?" Ah of course he would say that

"I don't know, Scorch. We might crash" 

"Cmon, I'll be careful!"

"I know you will, but-" Scorch grabbed my arms and shook me. Then he wrapped his servos around my neck. Oh my primus what is this bot doing to me? 

"Pleaaaaseeeee?" Scorch was giving me the puppy eyes

"I.. uh.. f-fine" I definitely should not have said that but I can't think straight right now.

"Yes!" Scorch brought his arms all the way around and hugged me for a quick second then let go all the way "Your awesome, Wedge!" Scorch jumped up and transformed

"Lets go to that 4th tree and back!" He told me

I transformed into my car and lined myself next to him

"Ready?" Before I could answer he started to count really fast "3 2 1 GO!" I barely even processed the '3' before I realised Scorch said 'GO!' and was off. 

"Hey! Cheater!" I called out and started driving as fast as I could. I almost caught up to him when he started to speed up again. He is so winning. I'm halfway through the second tree when I see Scorch up at the beginning of 3rd. I finally make my way to 3 and a half when I see Scorch drift around and is now driving back to where we started. When he drove past me he spoke:

"Is the real reason you didn't wanna race because you were too slow?!" He asked me

I looked at him from my mirror and saw a car coming straight his way, but Scorch wasn't slowing down. He was probably looking behind him. I quickly forgot about the race and turned around, starting to speed up rapidly. 

"Scorch! SLOW DOWN!" I tried to warn him

"Huh?" I could barely hear him. I see Scorch focus on the road in front of him and when he sees the driver he quickly skids and comes to a halt, stopping sideways in front of it. 

"Watch where your going!" The car called out and drove onwards

I drove up to Scorch, made sure the person was out of sight and transformed. 

"Are you okay Scorch?" He was silent. "Scorch? What happened" 

Scorch transformed and dropped to his knees

"I'm sorry..." He whispered to me

"What?" Was he seriously apologising

"I didn't mean to put that human in danger, I swear!" 

"I know you didn't. But next time, you have to be careful. Okay?"

"Okay"

"Now get up you great hothead! Your starting to make me feel bad" I put out my hand and pulled Scorch up when he took it.

"Okay I have to go now!" I told him

"Cya Wedge!"

I transformed back into a car and drove back to the academy. I'm kinda late, I was meant to be back 15 minutes ago and it takes 5 minutes to get there but its fine. I'm sure they'd understand. Hopefully, they're not on to me. Because I have no clue how I'd explain to them that I'm talking to Scorch. I can totally tell that Hotshot would tease me endlessly. He'd think I have a crush on Scorch. I mean he wouldn't be wrong. Wait what? No no Wedge. You can't like Scorch. Your just going to get yourself hurt. I mean come on why would someone like Scorch ever like someone like me? It isn't possible. Whatever, let me just get back to the academy.