࿇ ✥ ࿇ CHAPTER-42 ࿇ ✥ ࿇

Dussala was confused when she was suddenly summoned to her parents’ chambers. She wondered about what they wanted to discuss with her so urgently but when she reached her destination she was fairly surprised and a little scared. Because apparently her parents were not the only ones who wanted to have a discussion with her. In there along with her parents , her grandfather and her uncle Shakuni was also present there, everyone was staring at her intently which unnerved her. Keeping unwelcome thoughts aside, Dussala greeted her elders and whent directly to ask her mother about what was  the matter.

Dussala : mata what happened ? Why did you ask me to come suddenly? Is there anything important?

Gandhari : Putri we have to discuss something important with you , just tell us what your heart wants, I promise nobody will force anything upon you .

Dussala was more confused hearing it, she couldn’t understand what was the matter which made her mother talk with so much seriousness , her mother who was never ever serious while talking to her children. And also she was bothered by the fact that her pitamah and uncle were also wearing such stern faces but there was some expectations were on their face,

Dussala : what is it mata

Shakuni : Putri me and your parents are worried about your future so we thought—

Gandhari : bharatshree please slow down

Bhisma glared at Shakuni with frustration and anger. He wanted to kill that vile man with his own hand since he heard about this idea. He truly wanted to rip that swine’s heart off with his own hand but he can’t at this moment.

Shakuni smiled wickedly at Bhisma exactly knowing what Bhishma was thinking. He knew Bhishma would try to stop the alliance but there had to be a proper reason for him to stop the marriage. But Shakuni came to know from his spies that Bhishma poisoned his sister’s mind stating Amba who was close to magadh raj as the reason but how can he afford to lose an opportunity like this where he could win the political favor of one the powerful kingdoms for his bhanje.

Dussala : What about my future ?

Gandhari started caressing the dussala face while speaking “ putri you know everyone says I love duryodhan more than my other children. Yes it is true I am not denying that but you are my only daughter , you are special to me , I want you to always be happy “.

Taking a deep breath Gandhari continued “ so me and your pitashree thought about your marriage with Magadharaj “

Dussala's eyes literally popped out hearing this she stood up suddenly and said what ( in a loud pitch ).

Gandhari : what happened putri ? . Dussala could never imagine betraying Subhadra, she knew how much her friend loved magadharaj. Not only this, unlike other princesses she  never got attracted to him in this way she always felt a brotherly feeling towards him.

Dussala asked hopefully : Does Magadharaj know about this proposal mata?

Dhritarashtra : No Dussala your mata suggested we need to talk to you and ask about your opinion , then we can talk to him about this proposal.

Shakuni : Yes Dushala, your mother and father want to see you living a happy and prosperous life in Magadha as a queen.

Suddenly someone else joined in the discussion.

Duryodhan: Yes Mamashree is right my dear sister. U would be very happy and your future will also be secure if you married magadh raj. If U say yes to this proposal I would personally go and present this proposal before Magadh

Shakuni smirked knowing that the Gandhari Suta could never refuse the request of her Jyeshta bhrata.

Gandhari and Dhritarashtra were happy too seeing that Duryodhan is thinking about the future of his sister.