Chapter 1

Severus resided in a small inn at Wigtown: a wizarding village with the Quidditch team Wigtown Wanderers. He was glad to be in a Quidditch village-he loved the game, and couldn't help going to the practice field to watch as it took his mind off of the painful events that usually engulfed him. Yesterday morning he had planted himself and watched the team dodge bludgers and throw around the quaffle; the corner of his lips quirked upwards as he remembered Draco and Harry's matches against each other. He especially remembered their second year, when Harry had to have his bones regrow due to the tampered bludger; it was himself, Severus, who'd saved Harry from Quirrell's spell.

The residents in Wigtown frequented their alley of shops, and fans of their Quidditch team added to the crowd. As Severus walked the line of shops, he was reminded of his own Diagon Alley-Merlin knows when I'll return, he thought. The gravel stilled under his feet as he stopped in front of Perks Fine Robes, eyeing a Gryffindor-red cloak. Albus would have liked it. As he opened the door, a hidden bell rang, and a curly-haired woman appeared from a room behind the counter and beamed at Severus.

"Welcome! Let me know if 'ya like somethin'," she trilled with a thick Scottish accent. Severus nodded and ambled around the store, looking at every robe without green or silver. A long robe that was obviously meant to match the store window robe made Severus stop in his tracks to observe its stitching.

"Beautiful cape-the nicest one n' the shop. It's self-repairin' an' crease-proof," Mrs. Perks commented, walking over to him. At this, Severus almost didn't dare ask the price, but he couldn't help himself.

"And the cost?"

"Twelve galleons, eight sickles, an' two knuts," she said. "A hundred galleons sale price if ye buy it with the robe." His eyes grew wide. As much as he admired it, the robe was quite out of his budget. He waved the woman off and perused the less expensive robes. A robe of the same true red as the other with gold trim suited his fancy.

"How much for this red one?"

"Fourteen galleons, nine sickles, an' twelve knuts. There's a matchin' cape," she said, plucking it from the other robes and bringing it over to show him. "It's only three galleons an' two sickles more if ye buy the set." Severus happily bought it all and changed into it in the shop, folding his old Crow Black robe and cape into the sack and leaving to the chime of the bell.

He continued down the dusty road, enjoying his new brilliant red cape, which billowed dramatically. With surprising confidence, he silently studied the various shops: Sneezewort's Confectionery, Appleby Quidditch Shoppe, Merlin's Familiars. Many store windows caught his eye, but a jar of lemon drops stilled the gravel beneath him again. Albus had offered them to him on multiple occasions, with Severus declining him every time except once.

"Lemon drop, Severus?" Dumbledore asked, extending his palm that held a handful of yellow glossy muggle candies. Severus looked down, almost saying 'no' in an instant, but for some reason, he decided to go against his habits. He sighed and picked one out. He popped it into his mouth and chewed hesitantly. The muggles don't have bad candy, he thought. Albus noticed the slight surprise in his facial expression as he chewed almost excitedly and smiled.

"Another?" Severus grumbled and begrudgingly accepted another, making Albus laugh.

Severus bought the Lemon Drops, feeling bittersweet as he took one out and chewed it on his way. As he passed Merlin's Familiars, a handsome Western Screech Owl screeched loudly as he passed by.

"She must like you," the shopkeeper commented, noticing the owl's large eyes fixed on the tall, pale man. Severus stroked the owl's feathers, and she closed her eyes and screeched happily in reply. The shopkeeper chuckled, "She'll be five galleons and five sickles." Severus handed the coins over without a pause and took the little owl with him. As he left the shop, the Screech Owl looked back and screeched audibly, as if she were cheering. Severus wasn't sure whether to be annoyed or laugh, so he did neither-he wasn't even sure what caused him to purchase such a loud animal. His black boots continued down the way, aimlessly glancing at shop names and curious people, until he noticed a potions shop. Thank Merlin, he thought happily, quickening his pace toward the shop that would ensnare his senses.

Crestfallen ➻ If Snape Livedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें