Bonfire

It's been about two hours since the boys left and I finished a movie with the parents so I thought it could be a good idea to go to the bonfire for a bit.

"Hey I'm gonna go," I tell my mom while finishing up cleaning the dishes.
"Okay, just be careful sweetie."
"Yh of course... hey mom?" I pause nervous to talk about it, "what do you think about Conrad this year? He seems better than last year right?"
My mom smirks at me while nodding her head, "I'm sure you have the all clear." My mom laughs.

******

(Outfit)

(Outfit)

I walk down the sand dune towards all the noise when I spot Jer, but when he catches my eye he starts to look nervous, and not in a good way.

"Hey Jer," I call out hesitantly, "you okay?"
Jer looks toward the group of people by the bonfire and then back at me.
"I don't know if you'll like this party Morgz," he says looking at his feet.

I start walking towards it slowly as he keeps two steps behind me almost trying to get me to go back home.
"Cmon let's go for a swim or something?" He pleads
"Jer the oceans right here," I say still walking.
"No I mean back at the house I don't feel like getting salt in my hair." I stop abruptly to turn and face him.
"What going on?" I ask annoyed
"Look don't think it's a big deal I just don't want you to get down, that's all." He says beating around the bush.

"God, if you're not gonna tell me I'll ju-" I stop talking as I turn around to see Conrad on a blanket looking super cosy to some Deb bitch. My blood boils as she giggles at one of his jokes.

"I tried to warn you." Jer said looking disappointed with himself.
"It's fine."
"Wait re-" I push him playfully to stop him talking.
"It's not like we're together or anything." I try brush it off so that I seem super chill and walk further into the party which is when Conrad spots me and we lock eyes for a few seconds.

"Fuck." I hear him say under his breath as he gets up and slowly walks toward me, I guess expecting me to blow up or something.
"Hey connie," I say in a sarcastic voice, "I hope you're enjoying your Deb- oops I meant drink."
"Cmon don't be like that, nothing was gonna happen I swear." He pleads as he puts his hands on my shoulders.

I brush them off while I pour myself a drink, and while doing so, without making eye contact, I say, "it's not like we're a thing anyway." I could feel the atmosphere change as he goes quiet, he puts his hand in his pockets, "Uh... Yh I guess." He chockes out.

A few more seconds pass and I can't stand the tension so I walk away, "Morgz." He half calls out and a part of me wants to turn around and hear him say how he wants us to be a thing, whatever that means. But the stronger part of me wants to keep walking incase turn around and realise his voice was just a figment of my imagination.