𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕'𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𖣘𖣘𖣘

"Couldn't of given me more time to think?" I asked. "It's a decision between life and death of those you care about, must you really take time to think on that?" The Devil questioned. I bit my lip, squeezing my eyes shut as I felt the clawed hand on my shoulder. "So, am I going to get that yes?" The grip on my shoulder grew stronger and I gritted my teeth. "Just a reminder, if you say no, you're going to watch your family and friends die. No more beloved Max, no more dearly loved Steve...the list goes on."

"If I say yes, you won't hurt them?" I questioned. "No, I won't." I devil told me.
"So if I say yes, Max, Steve- neither of them will come to harm?" I checked. "Yes yes, that's part of the deal." The devil sighed. "Fine, yes." I agreed. "That's a deal." The devil chuckled, turning me to face him. My heart dropped and my skin turned pale. A creature that stood at about 10ft looked above me. It had long dark antlers that contrasted it's pale skin which was decorated in red markings. A king scaly tail rested by its legs on the floor. The Devil stood on large red talons instead of normal human feet. His yellow eyes were shining with greed as he stared at me.

"Shake my hand to seal the deal." The devil outstretched a talon towards me, it was hard to ignore the fact the red tone looked like dried blood, though I stretched out a shaky hand and shook the Devils hand. "I look forward to working with you." With that I woke up. Well at least that's what I'm guessing it was supposed to be. It didn't feel like I was in the room, surrounded once again by a group of worried people.

It was like I had been trapped in the back of my head and was now watching everything happen behind a screen. Like I was watching a movie on my life. I watched as I sat up and stared at those faces. "Quinn? Quinn! Was it him again?"
"Quinn, dear, what happened?"
"Quinn!"
"Quinn, are you alright?"
"Quinn!"
I tried to open my mouth to talk but nothing happened. My voice bounced around the walls of my mind, though nothing was physically spoken.

I saw the fear grow on Steve's face. A twisted realisation had come to him. I had been zombified. I sold my soul. I shook the Devil's hand. And now I couldn't warn my friends about what the Devil was planning, what he wanted and what he was creating. I was now just one of the mindless puppets in his game.

"Quinn! Please! Quinn! Wake up! Speak to me!" Max's voice tore a hole through my heart. "Quinn! Please! You said we had time! Quinn!" Steve yelled, shaking my body. All I could do was sit and watch in despair. "Are you ready for your first task?" I clenched my fists as the all too familiar voice hit me. "I need more people for this army, and of course I need someone strong, some fire power if you will. Maybe someone like Hopper." The devil told me.

"No!" I flipped around to face the creature.
"It's too late for that now, you've already said yes," The devil smiled. I watched helplessly as my body got up and walked out the door and calmly down the road to Hopper's house. "Before I go pay Hopper a visit, can I tell you a secret?" The devil's voice became hushed. "There's nothing I could do to your friends unless I had control over you. If you said no, you would've gotten off with no issue, there's nothing I could of done. You humans, so gullible, so desperate to please and help those you love." The devil laughed as he faded away.

He left me in silence, tears streaming down my face as I sunk to my knees. I had sold my soul to save lives that weren't even in danger. I watched as Hopper fell to the ground in front of me, soon enough the group had run into the house and were watching with me as Hopper fell into a trance.

"Horrible how he tricks you, isn't it?" I looked up at the sound of a pitiful voice. "Doctor Morrigan?" My eyes widened in shock at seeing her. "I'm so sorry you had to be involved in this." The blonde woman apologised, sitting beside me. "It's alright, it's not your fault." I sniffed, wiping away tears. "How'd he trick you into it?" I asked.
"Told me he'd give everything back, the lab, my lost notes, the people I lost. I said yes of course, and now I have nothing." Morrigan told me.

She looked at me, a questioning look in her eyes. "He said he'd hurt the people I cared about if I didn't say yes, turns out I might of just helped him do that." I explained. Morrigan just nodded, a sad look in her eyes. "Guess we just have each other then?" She smiled. "Until he gains more souls, yeah." I nodded.