10

Rose Fiore ||

After I explained everything to Jess, I ubered with her to her apartment and made sure she got home safe. I called another uber so I could go to the hospital.

Out of all nights, it had to be tonight.

Why couldn't they reschedule their car accident? And why do I care so much about it?

It's not like they ever even cared to really check up on me.

Yet here I am. At the damn hospital sitting next to my sister, who also never gives a fuck about my whereabouts, waiting for the doctors to come out.

Supposedly it was a really bad car accident. My dad went flying through the windshield and my mom just passed out.

While I was at Jess's apartment I grabbed a sweater. I know she won't care since half of my clothes are in her closet.

I pull the sweater tighter to my body. I fidget with the rings on my fingers thinking about anything else.

"Nice rings," My sister, Ally, says.

"Thanks," I say dryly without looking at her.

She sits down defeated trying to make an effort to talk to me. Knowing I don't want to speak to her.

"I'm trying to have an actual conversation with you. Especially since I don't talk to you anymore."

"And who's fault is that?" I retort.

"I've been busy, Rose. People have lives unlike some."

You have to be fucking kidding me? I know she's not talking about me. I look at her and scoff.

"If you're talking about me I'll have you know I run a whole floor for a business. That is doing really well. I have a life and yet I still bothered to text you."

She looks at me and smiles, "I mean real life. A husband and kids."

"And what the fuck is my life? Not real?! God, you're delusional. This is why I haven't bothered in months."

I readjust myself in the chair and look in the opposite direction.

If only she was there for everything. But all she cares about, just like my parents, is herself. I'll never understand why my whole family shut me out and why I still seem to care about them.

Maybe because I'm the only one with a heart that isn't, yet, made out of ice.

"There's a reason why I stopped talking to you as much," she says. I turn my head to her wanting to hear one of one excuses.

"And what could the reason possibly be now?" I say entertained.

"It's because mom-," she cut off by the doctor who comes and interrupts our conversation.

Ally stands up once the doctor comes. It takes me a few seconds to stand up after her.

"Your parents are okay. Your father has suffered some severe damage however, he's pulled through. As for your mother, the only damage she endured during the crash is a scratch, that will leave scarring, on her arm," the doctor informs us.