Chapter 5

Leo p.o.v

I didn't get much sleep thanks to Shadow putting the image of Hope in that bikini in my head all night, after getting ready I head down to the car to wait for the girls however I am surprised to learn that they are already there waiting for me.

Leo - morning.

They look to me and all say in unison.

Faith, Ariel and Hope - morning.

Leo - how long have you guys been waiting?

Hope - not long about 30 minutes.

That wasn't long since I paid last night, I take the keys back to the front desk to let the receptionist know we are leaving and to hand back the keys, and then I go back to the car. After driving for a few minutes we come across a diner where we can have something to eat.

Leo - who wants breakfast?

We get some food to take on the road and are soon back on the road to Miami since my car is a convertible and it's a hot day I put my roof down. The girls happily sing along with the songs on the radio and they actually song good, suddenly my phone starts ringing with a face time I check it to see that it's mum, crap I know if I don't answer she will think something is wrong so I turn down the radio and stick my phone on the dashboard on top of a stand. I answer it to see my mum's smiling face.

Leo - hey mum.

Scarlett - hey my boy.

I can see in the background that she is in the pack hospital and I start to worry.

Leo - is something wrong? Why are you at the hospital?

Scarlett - Leo calm down, everyone is fine we just wanted you to make someone.

She turns the camera around to show me, Raven in the bed holding the tiniest little baby.

Raven - hey bro I liked you to meet your new niece Primrose.

Leo - she beautiful Raven, when did you go into labour?

Raven - late last night.

Leo - how are you feeling?

Raven - tried but happy that she's finally here.

Then I hear Azrael's voice and then I see him as he sits beside her.

Azrael - you did so well my love.

He kisses her forehead and the camera gets turned back to mum however Ariel's red hair doesn't go unnoticed as mum sees it behind her.

Scarlett - Leo Ryan Quinn, who is that beautiful redhead behind you?

I groan in annoyance.

Scarlett - wait did you find another mate? Oh, my goddess...

I have to cut her off.

Leo - mum stop no she isn't my mate...

I look to Hope behind me I guess it's as good a time as any.

Leo - mum this is Ariel, Faith and Hope.

I move the phone around so mum can see all 3 girls.

Scarlett - hello girls it's nice to meet you, now tell me which one of you is my son's, new mate?

Before I could answer that Faith gasps in surprise.

Faith - your the former Luna Queen Scarlett Quinn?!

Oh, shit, I just realised that I didn't tell them that I am a member of the royal family pack, they all looked shocked.

Leo - mum I will call you back later love ya, bye.

I quickly hang up before she could say anything back which I am probably gonna get in trouble for it later but right now I have another problem.

Ariel - you're the Alpha king?

Leo - no that would be my sister's mate who's the Alpha king, my sister is the Luna Queen.

Faith - so your rank is...Alpha Prince?

Leo - yeah.

Hope asks me in an upset but annoyed voice which causes me to look at her.

Hope - why didn't you tell us sooner?

Leo - because it doesn't matter, I don't want to rule my sister is a better fit anyway.

Hope - what do you mean by that?

I ignore the question which doesn't go unnoticed.

Ariel - aren't you gonna answer her?

Leo - I don't know what you want me to say.

Hope snaps and yells at me...

Hope - how's about the truth for once??

Then I snap I couldn't hold my tongue any longer as my hands tighten on the steering wheel

Leo - firstly I don't want to rule because it's not for me and secondly since I lost my first mate I've not been the same as I don't believe in love anymore ok!!!

The other two are speechless, I can't hold in my anger anymore so I slam on the breaks and jump on the car before shifting into Shadow and taking off into the forest around us, I hear Hope calling for me.

Hope - Leo wait!!

I just keep running this is another reason why I didn't want another mate, I have never been good at expressing my emotions well good ones anyway. After about 10 minutes of running, I stop at a small lake I dip my paws in the cold water to cool them off a little bit and Shadow has been whimpering for us to go back, I really should I shouldn't have left them alone with the car.

(Shadow - our mate isn't a thief Leo.

Leo - our mate?

Shadow - don't start that again Leo...

Leo - I get what everyone is saying but how can I have another mate that might end up getting killed?

Shadow - you don't know that Leo, I've told you already we have to at least try with Hope, think about it would you rather take a chance to be happy or be miserable for the rest of our life?)

I go to answer but get interrupted by Hope's scent of strawberries and bananas I look behind me to see a white wolf, it must be Hope's wolf. She slowly approaches me with her head bowed down low, I turn to face her as she gives me an apologetic whimper and then steps toward me with her head down. Shadow steps toward to her and nuzzles her cheek I feel her flinch in surprise I guess she didn't expect me to do that but soon nuzzles me back, she is so warm. Could she be trying to apologise for pushing me? she puts her head under my neck and cuddles into me. Shadow gives her ear a little playful nibble before licking her cheek, he's getting way too attached to her can I really reject her? Why do I feel like I can't or I shouldn't?