Prolouge

How did this all happen...how did Grumpuses and Humans meet? And why are they so cruel to one another?

Well, apparently a long time ago they found each-other at sea. But, more presumably Columbus bumped into an island, bigger then America while coming back to Europe. At least that's the more beloved version. Anyways, some became slaves as well and we haven't gotten over our differences yet. It's disheartening but it's true. A lot of Grumpuses and Humans wish for their to be peace but are too scared to either speak up or even approach each other. There are some inter-species couples but most have to be kept under the radar. I come from one of those families. We have to keep it on the down low. But luckily for us we have a few friends that support it and a couple that are the same. So to help keep it on the down low, my human and grumpus parents pretend their married to the other two partners. It's a mutual thing and it works out fine, but I don't get to see my mama a lot. She's a grumpus while my dad is a human. I live with my dad since I look a lot more like a human.  I still have some Grumpus features.  I have a tail, and a long one at that so I usually have a Long hoodie on or a hoodie tied around my waist.   Trust me it's really long.  Another thing is kinda furry-kinda patterns on my ears but they just kinda look like deformation so that's what it was dubbed as.  I have a few teeth that are like Grumpuses so I have a mask on the days I can't seem to get my lips over them.  And then theirs my hair and nails, which I just say I dye, cut and paint them regularly.  So yeah.  That's me, I have dark skin and blueish purple eyes.  My fathers name is Dan Schmitt while my mothers is Zarzuela Onther.  Yeah, Grumpuses have weird names.  I was thankfully named Wendy James Schmitt.  I wish I could've had a grumpus like middle name but whatever.

(What I imagine she looks like but y'all can make out whatever you want :))

I was friends with the other couples daughter, for her she's the total opposite of me in looks.  More like a grumpus.  I'm now 16 and she's already 18 and moving out.  I've gotten to see my mama a bit more but, what I didn't know is things were about to spiral up and down many times over.  And I never knew why.