24

Jinsoul collapsed on the floor.

All of them started to scream at each other or maybe Sooyoung and Jiwoo joined forces on screaming at Karina and Karina screaming back at them with all the words she could possibly think of to describe them

Hyejoo and Jungeun sat beside each other, waiting for an update about Jinsoul while the other three blamed one another. They were all pointing fingers but all of them knew that they were all at fault.

If Jiwoo hadn't insisted on coming with them then Sooyoung might've dealt with the purplehead on her own and it could be exhausting. Jungeun knew that.

Years of friendship gone into waste just by one wrong choice and everyone was to blame for it. They were at fault whether they liked it or not.

Today was exhausting for Jungeun. When she heard the news about Yeji and Haseul, she quickly booked a flight back to New York that made Karina angry because she wanted to spend some alone time with her in Amsterdam to which the pink haired thought was an unreasonable explanation for them to stay.

Her friends for years were arrested by the police for murder and drugs. She just talked to them days ago and didn't notice that they were in trouble, that maybe they needed help just like the rest and so she decided to go back to New York even if Karina was pestering her not to.

When they landed on New York, they went straight to the police station where her friends were detained and Jiwoo being the only one that was sober enough to testify against these allegations at them was the only one whom Junegun talked to.

It's safe to say that the talk didn't go well.

Everything happened in a day and it was just starting to get dark considering the fact that Sooyoung, Jinsoul and Hyejoo arrived at the station at 5 in the afternoon and now that they had to confine Jinsoul in the hospital for her to be okay, the sun has already settled down and the skies were now painted with black.

She wanted to go find a hotel and rest already but she wanted to know about Jinsoul. She wanted to check if Jinsoul would be okay.

She owed her a lot. At this point, her anger towards the blonde has subsided because it was also her fault why Jinsoul ran away from her.

Fuck it, Jungeun.

Jungeun turned her head to the other side when she heard Hyejoo fake a cough. "Why did you kiss Karina that night?" A silent whisper. It was a straightforward question that Jungeun couldn't really answer.

The pink haired sighed. "I don't know," She paused and sucked in a breath before her lips formed into a thin line as a frustrated sigh escaped her sealed lips.

"I don't really know."

"That's not a valid reason and you know that, Jungeun. You had the audacity to get angry at Jinsoul for leaving you behind when this whole time everything was your fault for kissing Karina that night and it's so fucked up that Jinsoul pretended that none of this ever happened."

Hyejoo blurted out, staring into Jungeun's teary eyes. "All she wanted was for you to be happy."

Jungeun started to sob quietly.

"Was Jinsoul not enough, Jungeun?"

That question hang on her throat. She opened her mouth but no noise or word came out so she closed it once again.

Jinsoul was enough for Jungeun.

Or maybe that's what she liked to think to herself.

Because when Jinsoul told everyone that they were only friends, Jungeun realized that she didn't want that even if she had tricked herself into believing that it was okay for her and Jinsoul to be friends. To be known as friends because that's what they were right?