The Butterfly Room

My last and final dream was about us. We were touring a palace and looking at different events they had to offer. However we had to stay in a group with other kids touring. Some of our friends were there, and your uncle and brother were there as well (I think it was their castle). It was truly beautiful as we traveled to each room experiencing each new different thing. Sometimes we would sneak off away from the group to be alone, holding each other and talking until we had to get back to the group. Your brother checked in on us every once in a while and it just showed that he cared about you. One time when we snuck away from the group, we couldn't find them, but we used this opportunity as a little game. We held hands as we went from room to room laughing at the fact that we were now lost in the grand castle, but happy with the fact that we were at least lost together. We went through one room. I called it the butterfly room because it was painted all blue like the vast sky and little kids sat at round tables being taught their ABCs. We tried to sneak by as quiet as possible but knowing us we let out a few chuckles here and there. As we passed the room we let our laughs roar, holding each other, and as they settled we continued to hold each other until we got close enough to kiss. And I wanted to kiss you, I wanted to kiss you so bad.

The Encounter

But then, a big tall lady emerged from outside the butterfly room. She was steaming in anger at us, hands rolled into fists, and her heels clacked on the smoothly engraved cobble stone. She looked us up and down and simply said "Don't you guys have more important things to do than this," gesturing to how our hands were interlocked. I said nothing, amused at the fact that somehow my business affected someone so much. However, I looked over at you and your face fell, eyes pinned to the ground. The lady continued "I mean what an atrocious scene we have here. Two girls running around together," she stumbled on her words "I mean there are children in this room." As I grew with more anger, ready storm her off our fingers slipped away from each other and you walked away.

The Aftermath

As soon as I caught up with you, so did your brother and uncle. They asked what happened. You told them, and within a second your family grew with the most modest empathy. They felt your pain, they just didn't know what to say. But the day continued, you laughed with your family, talked about the architecture, and even added some historical context whenever you could. But one thing was for certain; every time I reached for your hand you pulled away. I mean I am ideal enough to know a time and place for things, but this was different. I felt like I was being ostracized out of your life, out of your heart for simply loving you.

The End

You wondered, and I found my way towards a room. It was nice and open. Canopy beds faced a wide arched opening, and it looked over the quiet sea. I laid there for a couple minutes, looking up at the silk stitched bamboo drape. A couple more minutes passed by and now I was ready to drift into a sleep. I heard the door open, but with so many tours going on today I thought it was just an illusion. The rustling of footsteps on the floor I thought was from the other room. But the hand that soon touch my side I knew wasn't an intruder. It was soft and sincere. You then used your other hand to lever yourself on the bed so you were now cuddling me. I didn't move. I didn't even say one word. And neither did you, as we both looked over the ocean through the wide arch in the room. The white linen sheets grew familiar with our mold and we soon settled into the bed.

Our End

I didn't want to talk, and you didn't want to explain, so we just laid there for hours and hours until finally, no thoughts were left to think of. Just our love swirling around in little breezes around us.