1.

"Saturday, March 24, 1984. Shermer high school. 7 am."

You rode your bike through the schools empty parking lot and stopped when you got to the bike rack. You parked your bike and leaned against the metal post. You checked your watch and you still had a few minutes to spare before you had to head in for your Saturday detention. Being Saturday, the parking lot was empty so you pulled out your pack of cigarettes and lighter, a quick smoke before going in. After a minute or two, you took in a long sigh before you dropped it on the pavement; stepping on it as you went up the school stairs.
As you headed to the library-where detention was being held-you could hear Mr. Vernon's Voice talking on the other side of the door.

"-glad to see you've all shown up-"

You opened the door and let it loudly swing shut behind you. MrVernon turned around as the other students leaned out from behind him to see who came in.

Mr. Vernon closed his eyes with a disappointed sigh. "On time...Miss (L/N)! Nice of you to join us... please take a seat."

As you walked around him, you spoke in a mocking, fancy tone. " why thank you, Mr. Vernon, how very kind of you."

"Just sit down you-" he impatiently started to raise his voice.

You quickly turned around and pointed a finger at him with a smirk. "Not so loud, rich, we're in a library..." Vernon angerly pursed his lips as you continued to the tables.

There was a girl in the front table and she scrunched her nose as you passed her. "Ugh. Why do you smell like smoke?? You're on school grounds."

Bender looked at her with a smirk. "What, you don't like my favorite perfume of hers?" He lifted his head as if to speak to you but you completely ignored him and sat down at the table behind him. "Awe, still in that bad mood of yours, sunshine? "He looked back at you with a fake pouting lip.

" go choke on shit." You said bluntly without giving him a glance.

" hey. Quiet you two." Vernon spoke sternly.

"Tch." Bender rolled his eyes as he turned back around.

You knew John Bender, quite closely. He wasn't your boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend, no, you never dated. But he was an ex thing. You knew that he was constantly with other girls, that you didn't care about. But you were tired of being his fallback and tired of his attitude and bullshit. About 90% of the times you got in trouble was him getting in trouble and you just happen to be with him. The other 10% was your own actions, but actions still influenced by him. And when you told him you were done, he didn't take it so well. Thus, your reason to be here.

As Vernon was talking, the girl in front raise her hand slightly. "Excuse me, sir? I think there's been a mistake. I know it's detention, but I don't belong here..."

Completely ignoring her, Vernon continues to talk to the group of teens. Earning the girl a few chuckles from behind her. He continued to talk and as he did, Bender leaned in his chair, tilted his head up, spit in the air and caught the saliva back into his mouth. The girl in front scrunched her face with a grimace of disgust. While you just rolled your eyes.
As Vernon gave his speech, you looked around to see who had detention on this fine Saturday morning. Obviously there was Bender, sitting in front of you. On the table to the right of you there was a girl with shaggy dark hair with layered clothes. You recognized her. Not from being familiar with her, but just from seeing her quickly weave in and out of the sea of students in the halls. There was a small guy at the front right table.

' what could a mouse like that be in here for?' You thought.

Then in the very front at the left table, there sat two familiar popular kids. Miss prissy and #1. Never knew their actual names though; never cared to.

" any questions? "Mr. Vernon asked.

" yeah I got one," Bender spoke. "Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"

You dropped your head down for a second as you chuckled but quickly stopped. Bender looked over his shoulder with a grin but then scoffed as you turned your head. You were still mad at him, but that didn't mean you didn't find him funny anymore. But you didn't want him to have that satisfaction.

" i'll give you the answer to your question, Mr. Bender. Next Saturday... Don't mess with the bull, young man, you'll get the horns." He glares at Bender before leaving.