Chapter 5: Danger

Y/N was awoken to loud banging on his castle door. He wined, dragging himself out of bed. It was to late at night for someone to come calling. He pulled on his armor and grabbed his axe, allowing a shaky sigh as he descended his stairs. As he reached his door the pounding seemed to only get louder. He gulped, holding his axe as ready as he could while he pulled the large spruce doors open. Standing in front of him was a very angry green man, wearing a smily mask. Y/N somehow felt even more terrified now, Dream was dangerous, and Y/N had never been a fan. He had loved the idea of L'manberg, although Eret kept him sheltered he had tried to join the war. He didn't know if Dream knew that but it did put him in danger.

"Dream.... come in" he sighed, sure he hated dream but he didn't exactly want to be murdered by him. Or anything worse, if that was possible. He sighed, closing the door behind Dream. He was soaked from the rain and his presence seemed to dim the lights. Y/N gulped, pulling out a chair by the hearth. "Cmon man, your soaked, what are you here so late for anyway?"

Dream sat down in the yellow chair he was offered, remaining silent for what felt like days. Finally, the green man spoke "Where's Techno?" Y/N looked confused as he brought out his kettle, mugs, and a teabag. He got his kettle set over the fire and lined up his teacups in a neat row, thinking on what to say. How to keep his head.

"Technoblade? I'm afraid I don't know, shouldn't he be in his home?" Y/N turned to Dream as he sat in his own yellow chair. The fire crackled idly, shining a soft glow on the two figures. If one didn't know the two they may find this a cozy scene. But the air was filled with tension, between one dangerous man and one important figure.

Dream shifted before asking his next question "Of course~" his voice felt slow and deep, like molasses mixed with gravel. He leaned forward "Except the last place anyone seems to have seen him was outside your castle.... With you." Y/N leaned back, allowing silence to fall between the two.

He got up, pouring the boiling water from the kettle to his teacups, offering one to Dream. "I'm sorry to inform you he presumably went home last night Mr.Dream, I haven't seen him since..." he trailed off, sounding rather disappointed not to have seen Technoblade since. Dream smirked under his mask, lifting it enough to sip his tea, still scalding.

He showed no reaction to the still visibly boiling tea, a power move if Y/N had ever seen one. Then leaning into Y/N's ear he whispered, "Well, if you see him again be sure to tell me, alright Y/N~?" His words felt like a meal worm, crawling in Y/N's ear causing nothing but pure discomfort as it made its way to his brain. He gulped, nodding as he recoiled from Dream.

With that dream left, setting his teacup onto a side table. Y/N simply sat back down, sipping his now cooled down tea. He remained in his chair the rest of that night, mulling the interaction over.

553 words, Ik this was a short chapter and I'm sorry. The writing was semi-rushed to make sure I could post today qwq". Have a lovely day <3