2. Looks like i have a crush.

Now that they have encountered one another once, the universe has decided that they should run into each other as often as possible.

That's what Mahir thinks, anyway. He's still not sure if it's a good thing.

The flower shop happens to be sandwiched between the tattoo parlour and the shared parking lot for both their stores. Now that Flower shop girl is on her radar, Mahir feels almost obligated to wave to her though the flower shop window as he walks from his car to the tattoo parlour - almost obligated, because Mahir kind of likes watching Flower shop girl light up with a smile whenever he passes by. It's a really cute reaction, he thinks.

They say hello - or the occasional how are you - whenever they walk in or out of their stores at the same time. Mahir thinks that it's a surprisingly common incident, having happened three times in the last week alone.

And yeah, may be he still doesn't know Flower shop girl's name, but he thinks it's almost better this way - if the girl doesn't have a name, then Mahir can't get attached.

That's the way these things work, right?

-

As it turns out, that is not the way these things work.

Mahir likes to think that he's somewhat self-aware. He knows how to analyse his emotions, to understand why he's feeling a particular way. Lately, he's been feeling unusually giddy about coming in to work every day.

He comes to find that the reason behind his sudden enthusiasm is quite obvious.

-

It's confirmed when he reads a WikiHow article called "How to recognise that you have a crush on someone" and Identifies strongly with the points from Method 2
[Being near your crush]

"Do you suddenly feel like you might like to curl up into a ball when your crush is around? Do you blush incessantly and can't seem to raise up from that suddenly very interesting speck of dirt on the ground? Do you suddenly feel like you don't have anything witty or interesting to say?"

"The most common sign of having a crush is the feeling that you have a million butterflies flying around you inside when that special someone is around. It can also feel like your heart does a leap when you see your crush and feel warm and giddy. Do you suddenly feel nervous and excited at the same time?"

"Do you suddenly feel you're tongue-tied? Having a crush can sometimes make people feel embarrassed and like they don't have anything to say. If you're normally talkative and suddenly clam up when the special person is around, you most likely have a Crush."

Well, Mahir thinks forlornly. Looks like I have a Crush.

It's not like that it was a difficult thing to do, he reasons. He isn't really one for hyperboles, but Flower shop girl is probably (read: probably) the cutest person that he has ever seen in his entire life - how anyone could resist having a crush on her was beyond Mahir.