Chapter 8

"May, May no." Peter knelt down by his aunt. It was exactly like his dream; it was almost the same. Except he couldn't decide if it felt worse when it was May. Her eyes were still open, but lifeless. "May, May wake up. Wake up!" His jaw was clenched and tears spilt down his cheeks. But this time, it was real. Peter tried to shake her awake, but he couldn't. In his gut he knew that she was gone, but he didn't want to believe it. 

Mr. Stark pulled up in a nice car and got out before it was even at a full stop. "Pete, I heard gunshots are you oka-" He looked down at May's body, the, at the unconscious men, and then at the pool of blood, and then at Peter. Peter got up and ran over to Mr. Stark. He pulled him into a tight hug and sobbed into his chest. Without thinking he immediately wrapped his arms back around the kid. He softened his voice when he spoke. "Hey, it's okay. It's going to be okay. You're okay. I'm right here, shh. You're alright." He slowly led Peter into the car before the cops could get there. They don't necessarily... enjoy Peter's company. Peter just sobbed in the backseat.

~le depressing time skip~

Peter assumed that they were going to pull up to Avengers Tower again, but instead they were at the Stark's house. Waiting outside was Morgan and Ms. Stark. Peter wiped his tears on his sleeve and put on a smile before he got out of the car. Before he was even fully out, Morgan came running up to him. "Peteyyyyyy! You came you came!" 

Peter picked her up and whirled her around in the air before securing her on his hip. "Yeah, of course I did! I said I would."

"Your face is wet." Morgan stated. "I can help!" She pulled up the sleeve of her knitted sweater and wiped Peter's face until it was red. 

"Hey- okay I think I'm dry now!" Peter said while spitted out piece of fuzz. "Thank you."

"Aren't you going to say hi to your dad?" Tony spoke whilst having one arm around Pepper.

"No. Let's go inside Petey!"

Everyone, including Peter, laughed at that. "You'll pay for that." Tony said in that kind of dad tone where it's like I'm joking, but I might not be. 

Peter raised Morgan up a bit higher on his hip as to make sure that she wouldn't fall. As they walked in, he vaguely remembered the days with his parents, and how they used to be happy. But all of his family was gone now. Peter almost let his face fall at that thought.

Almost