-

Yo yo I wrote this today at like 3 in the morning bc I was bored and angry. It sucks but whatever. If i write more one shots I may just add them here instead of doing a separate story for them so yeah.
Happy sunday dudes

When Frank walked into his house, he was greeted with the leftover smell of Gerard's cooking and the yelling of his kids since they were playing Mario Kart. It was Friday, so they were taking advantage of being able to stay up late. It was going on 10 pm, and Frank was extremely tired. He had been answering calls and transferring calls and dealing with rude customers all day. He couldn't wait to take a shower and sleep.

When he closed the door the game on the Tv paused and both Penelope and Jordan stood up. "Dad! Woah... you're home late." Jordan observed as he looked at the time on the Tv. Frank put down his small bag and began to unloosen his tie. "Yeah, I had to work late today." "Hiiii." Nelly smiled. She had gotten up just to hug him and he ruffled her hair. "Hey, baby. How was school?" He pulled his tie off and continued on into the dining room, where he started shrugging off his blazer.

"Good!" They both said in unison, and then he was blocked out by the loud Tv. Frank couldn't comprehend how Gerard never said anything about the volume. Maybe he was painting again. If he was, he probably wasn't giving anything his attention as much as he should. "Where's Dad?" He asked, laying the dark blue blazer on the table as he unbuttoned his shirt a bit. "In the room." Jordan answered.

"Guys, don't stay up too late playing the game, alright? 12 o'clock." "Okay." They both said. Frank grinned at them as he started upstairs. They were in 5th grade and sometimes they acted like they were older; they were mature for their age and Frank was proud of that.

"Knock knock," Frank knocked on the open door, eyes landing on his husband who was standing in the corner in front of his canvas, painting. The whole bottom of the canvas was done and had a multitude of colors but Frank could make something out within all the chaos, though he had no idea what it was. Gerard looked back for a quick second. "Hey,"

Frank looked at him, confused, but brushed it off. He was probably just really tired today or too focused. He walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist, kissing his cheek. "What's up?"

"Nothing." Gerard responded instantly, barely shrugging. Not kissing him back. Not even acknowledging him. "You okay?"

"Mhm. Your dinner's in the microwave," As if Gerard wanted him to leave right then. "What's wrong with you?" He asked, pulling away. "Nothing besides the fact that you didn't tell me you were working late. Again."

Gerard hated that. He wanted to know when Frank would be home so he wouldn't have to worry about him, or if he would need to pick the kids up from school or not, or when he would be able to go home after being out and about running errands so he could finish his piece and cook and clean, and it was stressful.

"Gerard... I forgot, okay? I'm sorry I'm busy making more money." Frank scoffed. "Why do you always get so bothered by that?" "I'm bothered because you don't tell me."