Chap 1

Fraser knew it was bad idea. Back Alley Medicine was always a risky move, not to mention mostly illegal. But his wife wasn't feeling too good, and the doc was on vacation for a couple of days. He had to take a chance.

'What do you want?' A shady looking dude named Jon asked.

'My wife has a mysterious stomach illness. Regular treatments haven't worked, and the doc isn't around at the moment. I'm worried that if she doesn't get help soon that she'll die. Do you have anything to help?' Fraser replied.

'Yeah. Yeah I have something. Here. (handing him a bottle). Give her this 2 times a day, it should help.'

'Is it reliable?'

'Dude, you're in a back alley at night looking for potentially illegal medicine. Not many choices there.' John rebuked.

Fraser took the bottle and went home.

2 nights later

Grabbing him by the neck. 'What kind of poison is this?! Answer me, you bastard!' Fraser angerly demanded.

'Let go! (cough). What's this about poison?' John asked.

'That junk you told me to give to my wife? It didn't help her get better! She got worse. I thought she was going to die! If the doc hadn't returned a day early, it probably would've been too late! What do you have to say about that, you snake?!'

'Whoa whoa. First off, you didn't really give a good idea of what your wife was ill with. 2Nd, Didn't your parents ever tell you not to trust salesmen in back allies?' John asked, unaffected.

'I should report you to the police!'

'Not the best idea, chum. 1St, I'd already be long gone. 2Nd, That bottle I gave you was probably illegal here. Do you want to get arrested for possessing illegal medicine?'

Knowing that there was no alternative, Fraser punched John in the nose really hard, then went home.

'That's the last time I trust those types of losers.' He thought.

At home

'Just out of curiosity, dear. Where did that stomach medicine come from?' Allison asked.

'Someone I never should've trusted.' Fraser replied.