15

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀

❝ 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵. 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭. ❞

[ bold - korean ]

unfortunately, she hadn't.

"ya, jisuk. wake up," jisoo shakily muttered beneath her breath, tears streaming down her face. her trembling hand slipped beneath his head, cradling it gently in her lap. "noona's here," she softly whispered, placing a gentle hand on his tranquil face.

desperation clawed at her, a hand pressed firmly against her mouth, struggling to stifle the wails escaping from her core. she pressed her forehead to jisuk's cheek, squeezing her eyes shut and biting the bottom of her lip, the tears flowing like an unbridled waterfall.

moments ago, she had been within arm's reach, mere inches away. she had felt the warmth of his skin, his presence slipping away so easily.

suddenly, a mirror-like dome materialized around them, shielding the heart-wrenching scene from the onlooking crowd.

"why aren't you waking up?" jisoo raised her head, her voice met with a profound silence that echoed within the dome. tears clouded her vision, but the coldness emanating from him, coupled with his growing pallor, deepened her despair.

"jisuk... you're not going to leave me too, are you?"

her cries were muffled within the confines of the dome, yet bakugō, who had rushed towards them upon witnessing her inability to catch jisuk in time, felt his knees weaken. though the sounds were dulled, to him, they cut through the air with the clarity of a soul-shattering requiem.

nausea washed over him. he couldn't fathom what possessed him to try and hold her back, even if his intentions were pure. since when did he start caring about someone else's well-being?