volume three, issue 1

"They call themselves the Umbrella Academy, a group of scheming, perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 when I was away on business in Dallas. Be warned: they claim to be my spawn."

When the Umbrella Academy first landed in her home, Dolores was painting in her room, which was conveniently right beside the sister she was closest with, Jayme. Although, these days, Dolores was finding herself closer to Sloane, but definitely not closer to Fei, whose birds secretly creeped her out.

Truthfully, the young boy who gazed at her with an unknown and unfamiliar affection did remind her of someone, but she couldn't figure out who. It was a comfortable gaze that he locked her in, as if she knew about it well, but also an exciting one. Although, one couldn't tell that by her icy expression that held only skepticism and hatred of the Umbrellas before her.

"Claim? Five, what is going on?" One of them asked, but the boy she was addressing, the same boy that struck out to Dolores, ignored her.

"Dolores? Is that really you? What happened? You look... different. And ginger." Another one said. He had long hair and a shaggy beard. Dolores could tell that he didn't understand how serious his intrusion was.

"How do you know her name? How do you know mine?" Ben asked. Dolores held back the urge to roll her eyes. Lately, he would always talk for her, as if he were her real brother, and not even in a protective way, but more possessive.

"Yes, it's me. I don't know who you are, though," Dolores replied, ignoring Ben completely. "And... this is not your house," She also added, mostly to the biggest one who began to defend his right to be here like a stammering idiot.

"So, their mom gave up both of them?" Shaggy beard asked Reginald, whose confusion only grew at that.

"'Their'? They're not related, idiot." To that, they all looked confused, but Dolores hated how much attention they spent on her and Ben and not on themselves, who shouldn't be here in the first place.

"We grew up here," the big one continued, which was quickly mocked. Dolores stifled a laugh, but as Fei began laughing, so too did she, resulting in a fit of giggles.

"I kind of think we would have noticed you," Sloane cut in, having a more friendly tone.

"Hi. I'm Luther," he immediately replied, infatuated upon first glance of Sloane. Dolores understood why completely, as Sloane was a pretty girl, but Sloane definitely didn't seem interested.

Dolores tuned the Umbrellas out as they began arguing, until Marcus cut through her daydream, saying, "You have thirty seconds to get out of our house."

That got Dolores's attention real quick. Because if there was anything the Dolores from this timeline enjoyed-- it was a really good fight.

"Let's all just calm down, and we'll talk."

"I don't think so," Dolores replied, standing taller, as if she could appear more menacing. She narrowed her dark eyes, especially as the Shaggy Beard guy tried to hug Ben.

And that was when the first punch was thrown.

The ratio wasn't fair-- eight of the Sparrows to seven Umbrellas-- but Dolores was confident she could take on all of them and not break a sweat. But she now had the ability to travel into spirit form on command, and so she did, to avoid breaking a nail, of course.

Since everyone was fighting in the hall of the grand staircases, Dolores fizzled back into physicality at the top by all the paintings so she could watch the fight go down from the top. That, however, didn't last long as the same young boy from earlier also fizzled into existence right in front of her.

"Hey, short pants, Dolores, what's up?" Jayme asked, the smirk on her face evident in her voice. "Dolores, you wanna take him, or me?"

"I'm not gonna fight you, Dolores, but I'll easily handle this one, Allison," he replied, clenching his fist. She rolled her eyes, stepping back anyways. Jayme could easily handle him.

"Oh, my gosh, Dolores, I wish you could see the illusion in his head. You speak Italian, and you're a mannequin. And you're blonde! He's kissing her. This is so gross," Jayme remarked, before throwing him a punch right into the real Dolores.

"So, if I'm Dolores in your head, and that's also Dolores, you're telling me you imagined me to be some blonde? Oh, that is so wrong," She told him, slowly, her anger only growing with each word as she kicked his side, sending him tumbling down the stairs.

A loud crash rippled throughout the floor, and Dolores rushed over to see one of the Umbrellas sitting in a heap of a broken table, Sloane standing over the confused Umbrella before she walked off.

"Vanya, get out of there!" The young boy yelled, but Dolores and her siblings were already standing over Viktor, who began to glow a pale tint of blue. Before she could blink, Dolores was sent flying into a bookcase, her back making a hard impact that knocked the wind out of her.

"It's over. Go. Don't come back," Marcus finally said, to which Viktor abruptly left, along with the rest of the Umbrella Academy.

Later on, after they had all recovered, they began to train again. Dolores hated how they constantly had to train, and work out, and train again, but it did keep her and the others in shape. Except for Chris, of course. He was lucky in that he really didn't have to work out on the treadmill.

"They disrespected us, Marcus. We need to be out there finding these freaks and taking them out," Ben commented as he stopped running. Dolores despised running, so she also took it as a hint to stop running, catching her breath. Nobody else seemed to be as out of breath as her, so she tried to hide it out of embarrassment.

"That's a lot. I think we should learn more about them. They seem to know me and Ben, and I would like to know why," Dolores pitched in, even with Marcus's disapproving glances to her.

"I don't want any of us to get taken out in front of cameras. It could be bad for business." She rolled her eyes, stepping off of the treadmill next to Ben's, who had on very short shorts, for whatever reason.

"I wouldn't underestimate the Umbrella Academy. Yes, their skills are as lacking as their hygiene, yet, somehow they saved the world in 1963. Had they not, none of you would be standing here now. Perhaps I misjudged them," Reginald remarked, before leaving with Christopher to give a full report.

Dolores furrowed her eyebrows, readjusting her ponytail. That year sounded familiar to her, as if it was a distant memory waiting to be unlocked later. More powerful than Deja-Vu, but almost like a dream she once had that kept reoccurring.

Whatever it was, Dolores was beginning to suspect that that young boy by the name of Five had something to do with it, and she wanted to find out.

authors note

a lot of dialogue is definitely copied from the show but I tried to spice it up! i don't like just repeating dialogue so that's why a lot of it is skipped and this chapter is a bit short.

question of the chapter: what are your thoughts of season three? any new opinions or questions you still have??

my answer: I definitely don't like Allison, and now I'm starting to like Luther more. He still can be annoying but he was such a softie and all he wanted was to be with his wife! I thought it was good, even though the ending was confusing. Honestly, I binged all of it in like a day so of course it was good.

as always, feel free to answer the question because I love seeing y'all comment! thank you and have a good day!