Part 3

A/N: Here's part 3, who knew you were such good friends with Amy?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up the next morning cold and alone, thinking back to the previous night, you couldn't help the teasing smile on your lips. Sitting up, the blanket fell to your side, you stretched your arms above your head and let out a tired yawn. Who could have guessed sleeping on the ground would be so uncomfortable?

You took a quick glance around the cave, noting it had become a lot brighter since the sun had risen. You were unsure what time it was, but from the brightness of the world outside, you could only assume it was early afternoon. You thought about searching for Shadow, considering he wasn't around when you awoke.

Maybe he had things to do or maybe he was embarrassed about last night; you like to think it was the last option. Getting up and strutting to your bag, a small note fell and fluttered to the ground. Picking it up, your eyes scanned over the messy writing, 'Get out.' boy was he a pleasant host.

But, with your back sore and a nice, warm shower sounding great; you left. Making it through the forest with ease this time, you found yourself back in Hedgehog Village, surrounded by people you rarely spoke to. You felt a twang of pain in your lower back and quickly got to moving, you could just imagine it now:

The hot steamy shower water soothes your aches and pains, once dried and in only the comfiest of PJs, you'd order some take-out and watch a movie.

It sounded great.

Walking past Meh Burger, a blue blur stopped you in your tracks. Sonic stood before you with a smile, his fingers messing with the brown bandana around his neck as he looked off into the distance.

"Hey (Y/N), long time no see, huh?" why was he talking to you? Sure, you were 'friends' in a sense, you spoke whenever you came across each other's paths. But you never actively looked for a conversation.

"Erm, hi?" you gave him a meek wave, unsure where to go from there.

"Soooooo," he drew out, leaning back and forth on his heels as he finally turned to look at you, "Where ya been?"

"Huh?" you questioned, eyes widening. God, what if Sonic knew you were hanging out with his mortal enemy? Would you be evil and a criminal just by association?

"I-I haven't been anywhere," you stuttered out, sweat forming along your forehead. Sonic gave you a quizzical look, tilting his head to your bag, "Then, uh, what's with the camping sack?"

"Oh!" you gasped, following his gaze to the backpack, "This old thing? I, erm, went on a walking trail; yeah, that's it." Sonic furrowed his brows, tapping a finger against his chin, "Which trail? I'm just curious, I tend to run along them all the time."

"Ughhhhh, it's pretty secluded, I don't think you'd know it."

"Uh-huh," he huffed, growing more and more investigative, "Are you feeling alright, you're sweating a lot."

"Yes!" you accidentally shouted out, Shadow was right you were a terrible liar. Sonic stepped back once your voice raised, he knew something was off but he just couldn't put his finger on it, "O-kaaaaaay, well, when you go on this secluded trail of yours, I'd love to join."

"Y-yeah, maybe." you stammered, slowly starting to walk away. Before you could get far, a hand reached out for you, "You sure you're alright?" his eyes showed such concern for essentially a stranger.

You nodded your head rapidly, tightening your grip on the backpack straps, "Peachy," you mused. With that, you set off back to your house, a little more urgently than before. Sonic returned to his table at Meh Burger, still watching as you walked off in haste.