𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿: 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱?

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗮-
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Third year had kicked off with a rather unusual journey to Hogwarts, accompanied by dementors. Rumors were circulating that Harry Potter was attacked, but considering his knack for trouble, it didn't surprise me.

Skipping through the mundane details, after my first day, I found myself sitting outside the castle, engrossed in a book, when I sensed someone joining me.

To my surprise, it was Draco Malfoy.

Out of all people, him.

"Sorry, I'll move," I said, hastily grabbing my bag to leave, but he interrupted with a demand, "Hey, hey, hey! Sit back down." I slowly turned around to look at him, and he questioned, "Am I that scary?"

"What? No, of course not, it's just, you're a little, um..."

"Well?"

"Arrogant," I stated firmly, observing him flinch. "I'm not arrogant!" he protested in one breath. I nodded and sat back down, noticing he was subtly moving his bandaged arm toward me.

Clearly, he wanted me to ask what happened. "I was there; I know," I remarked without looking at him. "What? You're a third year? How come I haven't seen you? What's your name? What's your house?" he bombarded me with questions. While I didn't particularly want to answer, I also didn't want to become his next bullying target.

"Yes, I'm a third year. You have seen me before. My name is Astoria Greengrass, and I'm a Slytherin," I replied, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"Astoria, Greengrass, you did a potions assignment with me in second year, right?" he asked. Ah, so he did remember. "Yes."

Thus began my first, awkward, but surprisingly enjoyable conversation with him. We discussed the most random things that popped into our minds.

"Wait, so you can see my house from your window?" he asked, now laughing. "Yes, only if I squint hard," I responded, laughing slightly myself.

"You must live in Pansy's street. Speaking of that, you should come hang out with us tomorrow," he suggested.

Hang out with them? We just talked! Why would he invite me? He's probably playing around again.

"Me? Why?" I inquired, trying to gauge if he was serious.

"Yeah, you seem like a fun person, and we could use another girl in our gang," he explained, smiling. Why?

"Okay," I agreed.

Back in my dorm, lying on my bed, I reflected on the recent encounter. He was likely messing with me, and when I showed up tomorrow, he and his friends would probably laugh at me for thinking I was genuinely invited.

I decided not to go.

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝟳:𝟭𝟮 𝗮𝗺
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼-
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I lounged in the Slytherin common room, awaiting my friends, including Astoria, who had become somewhat of a friend. I knew Theo was already up and preparing, but Blaise was likely still asleep.

"Hi," I heard Pansy's voice behind me. I turned my head and waved at her casually, "Hey."She glanced around before sitting down and inquiring, "Where are the others?"

"The idiot is getting ready, and your boyfriend is sleeping," I remarked.

"Blaise is not my boyfriend!" she retorted, her eyes widening, and her cheeks flushing."I didn't mention their names," I chuckled.

She rolled her eyes, "Where's that girl you were talking about? What was her name? Astoria Greentree?" she asked, attempting to recall her name and shift the topic.

"Astoria Greengrass, not Greentree. Didn't you see her in the girls' dorm?"

"Well, I don't know. I was busy getting ready, and even if I did, I don't know what she looks like," she replied. I scratched my head; she seemed like the punctual type, but I didn't know her well enough to judge. "Maybe we should wait a little longer," I suggested.

About 15 minutes later, we were still in the common room, joined by Theo and a very tired-looking Blaise. "If this friend of yours isn't going to come, can I go sleep?" Blaise groaned, hugging a pillow, his head occasionally swaying.

I was about to reply when Theo chimed in, "Draco, if the girl knew how you acted in Care of Magical Creatures, then she probably thought you were messing around with her."
Great, my reputation precedes me.

"What?" I asked, and this was intriguing enough for Blaise to raise his head as well. "She probably thought you were messing around like you always do, and you'll probably laugh in her face when she comes," Theo explained.

Lovely, I have a charming reputation.

I was about to respond when soft footsteps descended from the girls' dormitory stairs. I turned and saw the same girl.

Astoria Greengrass.

"Astoria," I greeted, getting up from my chair and taking a step toward her. I felt Pansy stand up too.

"This is Astoria?" Pansy asked, examining her up and down. She was about to do something bad."Oh my god! You are so pretty! How on earth did Draco even talk to you? Your standards are clearly a hundred times higher than his!" Pansy squealed, walking toward her.

What on earth?

I shot Pansy a disgusted look and heard the boys laugh behind me. I turned to glare at them, then back to see a very awkward-looking Astoria, who didn't seem dressed for the snow. "Aren't you coming with us?" I asked. She looked at me with a slightly shocked expression.

"You weren't messing around?" she inquired.

"I was right! She did think you were messing around!" Theo exclaimed as if he had just won Slytherin a hundred points.

"I'm sorry I left that sort of impression on you. I actually meant it. Will you still be willing to come?" I asked her.

She looked a bit hesitant for a second, then opened her mouth, "I'll go change. Just a minute," and walked back up to the dorm.

"Her voice just adds to her beauty," Pansy swooned, looking dazed. "Pansy, shut up. You're not gay," I retorted, rolling my eyes and sitting back down.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

they met
-michi