The end is just the beginning

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

—🩸THE END IS JUST BEGINNING🩸—

ADALIE FELT BETRAYED, EVEN THOUGH SHE knew it would happen.

- You have made your choice, now it is important for you to remember who you are," her father told her before she left the palace for good.

Since then, a wall has formed between them. Coriolanus used to be fond of his youngest daughter, forgiving all her antics, but he couldn't forgive the consequences of the last one. It didn't help that Adalie's mother Evangeline had suffered another miscarriage. Evangeline Stone was much younger than her husband, and was also his third wife. After the birth of her first child, she was pregnant many times, but she never managed to give birth. The mother became depressed, even wanted to go to her daughter and see her grandson, but her husband did not allow it.

She decided to do it for a long time, but never found a reason. Apparently she did. Adali dialled the emergency number she had learnt by heart long ago. It rang and she held her breath.

- President Snow's office, what can I do for you," the secretary answered.

She sighed.

- 'This is Adali Snow,' she paused. - I want to speak to my father.

There were some extraneous sounds.

- One moment, Miss Snow, you are connected to Mr President.

Those seconds lasted forever. Adalie was tempted to hang up and lock herself in her room.

- What a surprise - that snaky voice she would recognise from a thousand. - My dear daughter has decided to speak to her father. What can I do for you?

- Was this planned? - my heart is stinging with pain. - Do you want to punish them?

- The road, they need to be shown their place.

- But Finnick," Adalie covered her eyes. - Dad, he's the only man from District 4.

- He's a winner, and you're my daughter. Say goodbye to your husband, you may never see him again," her father hung up the phone.

Adali clamped her hand over her mouth so they couldn't hear her sobs. She couldn't believe it. It seemed like a dream. The walls of the house pressed down on her and the shards of crockery dug into her skin, making her blood run. She rolled down the wall and shook her head.

Say goodbye to her husband.

Say goodbye to him.

With Finnick.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

FINNICK WAS WALKING ALONG THE seafront. He needed to get his head checked while not scaring his family.

He didn't have much time now. He knew for sure his name would end up on the list. Snow had called him recently, asking about Darrel .

- Memories are very precious, Mr Odair,' he'd said then. - Every moment spent with loved ones is precious.

He wanted his son to remember him. Finnick probably won't make it out of the arena alive, given all the previous winners. But you can't discount yourself.

It grows dark, time to return. Adali won't go to sleep without him after one of the townspeople threw a brick through the window of their house.

Many people in the district don't like Adali because of her father. The young woman has never walked in the district before. Since her arrival, she has only been to the victors' village. She's just scared. And now, share all these looks from the locals he realised that as soon as Finnick left for the games, Adali and her son would be in danger

He reached the village half an hour later. Quietly he entered the house and saw perfect order in the living room, which had recently been a mess. Walking into the kitchen he noticed Adali, who seemed to have been just standing there waiting for him all this time. Finnick saw in her eyes the answers to all his questions. Gently he put his arms around her and pulled her to him. She cried unable to hold it in. 

And then he made a decision that seemed to be the only right one for the well-being of his family.

To join the resistance.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

enjoy reading!
I recommend listening to this song People help the people – Birdy