❛ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐦 ❜

꒰·˚ ༘🫙♡🌊 ·˚✩ ꒱ ˚ʚ ───・𝘔𝘌𝘚𝘚𝘈𝘎𝘌 𝘐𝘕 𝘈 𝘉𝘖𝘛𝘛𝘓𝘌
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

─── 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐦──── 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞───── 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟐 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

──── 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
───── 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟐 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

"IT'S EITHER ONE OR the other." Don asserted while pressing the two slices of bread into a sandwich. "Why can't I just go where you're going? Dad, I'll literally be your assistant. Oh, or snack runner!" Nova said while spinning around on the barstool in front of the counter. "Nova, I'm not bringing my fifteen-year-old daughter on a business trip to Vegas." Don deadpanned while slicing the sandwich in half.

"Then can't I just stay here? I don't see any reason for me not to stay here." Nova argued while propping her head atop her hands and staring at her father across the counter. "And throw another party? No thanks. Plus, your mom has been wanting to see you, you know. The last time she saw you was during Christmas and that was for just two weeks." Don's eyes were focused on the work at hand as he sliced a perpendicular slice to the one he just made.

Nova looked around the kitchen before landing on her father's hand, which still was inhabited by the silver wedding band on his ring finger. "She probably doesn't even wear her ring anymore. Probably only puts it on when she comes to see us or we go to see her." Nova mumbled into her hand causing Don to put down the butter knife and look back up at his daughter.

"I'll say it again. Either spend the summer at a summer camp in the wilderness or spend the summer with your mom in Cousins." Donald calmly listed before taking a bite out of one of the sandwich slices.

Nova stayed silent as her gaze hit the counter before speaking up. "You'd leave me in a wood with a bunch of strangers?" "Yes I would, it builds character." Don slightly joked while finishing half of the sandwich.

Nova pushed off the counter with a dramatized sigh. "Fine, I'll stay with mom. Only if..."

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

NOVA SET THE PHONE against the hand soap bottle as she heard the facetime call pick up. "Nova, my love, what did I do to deserve this unexpected call from you?" Moira spoke into the camera before pulling her face away with a smile. "Hello, my beautiful, beautiful Moira. Start packing." Nova continued to pack away her products from the bathroom cabinets.

"What do you mean? Why?" Moira queried with furrowed brows, nevertheless getting up to look for her suitcases. "Right, quick story. Basically, my dad's going on a business trip and doesn't trust me enough to stay by myself because of the party that happened last time, which I'd like to add wasn't my doing, so he gave me this horrible ultimatum. I ended up choosing the option that was staying with my mom at Cousins." Nova quickly said while zipping her travel bag with her skincare products.