Chapter Six- You Don't Need Friends

Pluto and I were back at Java Cat Cafe. Today wasn't busy, as always, and I took advantage of that. I turned to face Pluto once nobody else was in the shop.
          "Pluto," I said hesitantly. Pluto hummed back and my wings twitched.
          "I need to, uh, tell you something."
          "Well, what's up?" Pluto said back, placing the cleaning rag down and giving me its full attention.
          "I've been acting weird lately, but you already know that." Pluto slightly nodded, following me but they were confused on where I was taking them. I shuffled my weight onto one leg.
          "You see... I. uh," I looked down at the drinks on the counter to avoid Pluto's curious gaze.
          "Keep going...," Pluto urged on.
          "I've been.. hearing a voice," I said the last bit quickly. Oh my god its going to think im insane!
          "Pff, what?" Pluto laughed. They were smiling at me.
          "N, No! Of course not, got you," I answered back quickly. I scratched the back of my neck. It's best they don't know for now. I don't want it thinking I'm insane..
          "Bones, the god of mischeif!" Pluto said with a goofy smile, punching my arm softly.
          "Are you mocking me..," I said back quietly.
          "What? Never. Why would I mock the Boner"
          I slightly chuckled and picked up a glass to clean. I really wanted to tell Pluto about Canis but I also don't want them to think I'm insane.. or look at me differently.

          Once again I was at my house, sitting on the weird fence post thing that my horse was tied to. I was feeding him golden carrots with a small grin. He likes carrots.
Greetings, Bones.
          I tensed up hearing the voice echo inside my head. I sighed and leaned my back against the fence post.
Telling Pluto about me won't do any favors.
          "Well, why not? It's my friend and it has a right to know"
Do you know why Pluto is outcasted. Why it lives alone in a mountain. Why nobody else wants to be around them.
          "I... don't think I follow."
Pluto is the ruler of deception.
          "What?"
They've been misleading you, dearest Bones. Lying to you.
          "A-Again.. I don't think I follow," I stutter heavily confused. What do you mean Pluto has been lying to me?
The ruler of deception, deception. They have you in a daydream of their own foundation.
          "A.. daydream?" Canis didn't reply back.
          I shuffled uncomfortably and got off the fence. I gave my horse a little pet and went inside my house. I sat at the table that's located on the ground floor, the same area where I fell.
          I put my head on the flat surface and closed my eyes. Pluto, the ruler of deception. Have they been lying to me this whole time? What have they been lying to me about? I got really paranoid as a cold shiver went down my spine and left through my wings.
          I lifted my head up and grabbed my journal(which was conviently placed in my left wing). I grabbed some ink and painfully plucked a feather off my wings. I opened to the first blank page and started to write.
Pluto, the ruler of deception. That's what Canis Major, my phantom side, told me. Pluto has been lying to me this whole time apparently? They're an outcast for a reason and from what I've gathered from Canis, it did something in its past that caused everybody to avoid them? I'm outcasted because of my species; human and phantom. Pluto's outcasted because everybody hated them.. but what if there was a genuine reason? I wonder if they killed someone in their past. How much has Pluto been hiding from me? I'm going to trust Canis on this one, afterall they are a part of me. I'm going to stay weary of Pluto.
          I put the blue feather down beside the journal and waited for the ink to dry. I sighed frustrated with confusion. My best friend has been lying to me this whole time apparently. Thats reassurring.
          I closed my journal and put the book back in my wing somewhere. I decided to put the plastic container of ink in my wing too. If it spills it spills, oh well. I stood up from the chair and prepared ingridents for a meal.