4

-y/n's POV-

She lands her plane at the landing deck and gets out the admiral walked up to her and says rudely "you're... a woman?"
I say "umm yes sir I am"
He says "here we go again" and walks off. She sighs to herself and thinks 'this was a bad idea'

                                                                          -Roosters POV-

I pick myself off the runway and head to the beach to think about things. Things like 'why did I cry?' 'She said I love you' 'why am I so upset?' He says to himself "she's gone" and gets up after a few hours and gets some dinner at The Hard Deck.

                                                                            -y/n's POV-

It's already been a month since she has been at this particular naval academy and she absolutely hated it. Everyone was rude to her including the admirals and instructors. The months (5) went by and all she wished was that she could be back with her flight family. She missed them all so much especially Rooster because her new wingman was a complete jerk, he always made her loose challenges and it upset her very much so.

                                                                          -Roosters POV- 

Everyone started noticing Roosters flying was getting worse ever since y/n was gone. He was the wingman for Shadow and he was nothing like Ghost, he didn't take the risks and he was HORRIBLE at communication. All he wished was that y/n came back.

                                                                       - 6 months later-

                                                                               -Y/n POV-

Y/n is sitting in her bunker trying calm down because all that happened to y/n was bullying and stress since the day she arrived. She had forgot about what it was like to enjoy flying. All of a sudden Admiral Dagger calls her to his office and says "We no longer need you here. You are being sent to Top Gun. You leave tomorrow. I'm glad they called because I was about to strip your wings so thank them. Dismissed." She nods and runs out to pack her bags and gets a good nights rest to head out for Top Gun tomorrow.

                                                                         -Roosters POV-

He's sitting in the lunch room eating when admiral Explosion says "Bradshaw, I need to talk to you when you're done eating. Meet me in my office" and walks off. He says "I wonder what that's about" to his friend.

He finishes eating and heads to the admirals office and he says "Lieutenant, we have appreciated you're time here but it is over" Rooster looks devastated and says "why sir?" Admiral says "you've been called to Top Gun son, congratulations!" He says "oh my word! Thank you so much sir!!"

And salutes him. He then runs out shouting "I AM HEADING TO TOP GUN BABY!!" and starts dancing around. He then thinks about the good old days where when he got good news the first person he told was y/n. He doesn't think about her as much due to him trying to mend his heart. He smiles at the thought of her and her beautiful smile.

                                                                          -Y/n's POV-

Y/n wakes up at 5:30 and heads down to the hangar to board her plane. No one offers to help her or anything. She then gets in and says "Ghost request for takeoff" They say "request granted" and she takes off. 

She then gets connected with Top Gun tower and says "Ghost, request a flyby" they say "request granted" she does her fly just like her dad used to and she turns around and lands her aircraft. She's so excited that she practically jumped out of her plane in excitement. 

Admiral Cyclone says "welcome to top gun! I'm admiral cyclone. We're happy to have you Ghost" she says "I'm happy to be here sir!" And salutes him. 

He says "go get settled in and enjoy tonight because the morning will be rough." She says "do we have to stay in the bunkers or can we have our own place sir?" He says "you're the second person that asked me that. You may get a place"

She sighs and says "thank you sir!" And goes to find a condo to rent. She then starts to get ready to head to The Hard Deck. The number one place where all naval aviators go on a night out.

                                                                   -Roosters POV-

He wakes up at 6:00 and gets showered off and ready for Top Gun. He meets up with admiral and he says "Lieutenant, you will be taking the two seater F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, your backseat pilot will bring it back once you arrive."

He says "yes sir!" He says "dismissed" and Rooster salutes him and walks off to board his aircraft. He says "this is rooster, request to takeoff" 

they say "request granted" he says "affirmative" and takes off. He arrives T the base and admiral Cyclone says "welcome to top gun! Your room is already set up for you. It's a blessing to have you joining us." 

He salutes the admiral and heads to his room and sits his stuff on his bed. He then goes back to his office and says "sir, do we have to board here?" He says "negative, you may have your own place" he then heads out to find a condo to rent. 

He eventually found one and rented it. By the time he finished it was times to head to The Hard Deck.