Chapter 1

This book contains a lot of gore, blood, violence etc. Really, you've been warned fellow readers.

________________________

One mistake can kill you...

It was the mistake that brought Aria down.

It was the mistake that brought her pain.

It was the mistake that made her plead for death.

It was the mistake that bought her thirteen days of torture.

She apparently decided, instead of taking the bus, to walk home. Aria had been always hotheaded, but seriously? The sky was already a haunting black, streaked with pale stars. Lights were out and the air was tainted with a slight breeze. Silence cloaked the land. Aria had decided to walk the way home--fifteen blocks, to save her cash.

It won't be any trouble. She decided, admiring the night sky. Darkness had it beauty, and yes, its pure evilness. As she walked home, clutching her purse and tangled hair flowing in the wind, someone was watching. She smiled, recounting the lovely day at work; the new job was really exuberant and exciting. Being a worker at a fair, was more interesting than working at Starbucks.

Suddenly, she caught eye of a small child. A crying boy.

"Sweetie, you okay?"

Aria asked, running over and bent down to the little boy. He was small, and very frail. As Aria looked on, she found terrifying scars, and scratches marking his little arms.

"They're being mean again."

He sniffled, Aria pitied him, feeling the sorrow.

"Who?"

She asked, worriedly staring around. Then she heard a gunshot ring, grazing her cheek, and finding its mark in the little boy's chest. Blood spurted out of the wound as he crumpled to the ground. Aria's hand flew to her cheek, feeling warm liquid trickling down her cheek. When she stared at the little corpse, she felt vomit bubbling in her throat.

"Wh-who?"

She screamed, shaking her head. Droplets of red flung of her face and stained her neat, yellow shirt.

"Whoooo?"

She cried, bending over. Horror and guiltiness filled her chest--was she not supposed to talk to the little boy? This one mistake costed her a life. She felt a presence growing closer and she clutched her wounded cheek.

"All be darn. Another subject down."

A sharp feminine voice called out in annoyance.

"But another found."

A high pitched giggle followed. Aria whirled around, but only saw shadows.

"Well come on in to hell!"

A too cheerful voice snickered.

Aria started to run but then heard another gunshot. This one nicked her thigh, she reeled in agony. A small pool of red spewed from the wound.

"Sorry, girl, but that's just the beginning!"

"But don't worry, if you survive thirteen days-"

"Which we highly doubt-"

"You can live-"

"In hell!"

Then dark figures surrounded her and grabbed her.

Mistake number one--never walk alone at night.