Prelude

Cover:

"Things can test you, but they cannot break you

"Things can test you, but they cannot break you. No amount of pressure can stop the energy that's within you. Your spirit is resilient. You'll always overcome things and bounce back stronger than ever before." -222

Life is a crazy rollercoaster with super high highs, where you feel like you can touch the stars, and devastating lows when breathing becomes a chore. Though for some people, people like Blue Sinclair, those devastating lows happen more often than not causing her life to feel completely out of balance. She battles with herself constantly, trying to become the old her, the version of herself before her world was flipped upside down and before the pain, pressure, and loss started to seep in through the cracks.

Mary-Kate Olsen's life was very different from Blue's, yet those lows came just as often and swept her off her feet leaving her in a pit of woe. She craved the highs she saw everyone else have, even her twin sister Ashley had them. She craved them so much that she began creating them for herself, with parties, drugs and as much self-destruction as she could create just to feel a fraction of what others felt. Though she knew she'd be deeper in that pit of misery when she sobered up and came back down to earth.

They were both desperately trying to find balance, contentment and harmony in their lives. Blue couldn't let go of the ghosts in her life. Mary-Kate still struggled to find the euphoric high without the haze of the drugs. Blue still wants to make her parents proud so she doesn't give up, Mary-Kate has never been the type to give up either so they both push on. Mary-Kate is finding support and a safe space where she could be vulnerable in her AA group.

Blue continues to struggle to open up and let go of her past until she finds refuge in Studio 22. Her safe haven, where she discovers that life is a balance of holding on and letting go. And moving forward doesn't mean betraying the person you once loved. Studio 22 helped her rebuild herself, not her old self, she'd never be the same person she once was but a new version of herself, a stronger, fearless, Blue Sinclair. Though Studio 22 wasn't the only thing that helped her realise her full potential. Mary-Kate was partially responsible, after all, she was the strongest person Blue knew.