ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 13 ~ 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔫𝔡 (𝔒𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔖𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔶 𝔞𝔱 𝔏𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔱)

That evening me and Flinch sat on the edge of the island, a large cliff looking out over the sea as the sun set. I sat there, with my back resting on Flinch who seemed to be enjoying the sight as well. 

"Almost a win today, huh?" I heard from behind me, I turned around to see Eret. 

"Oh Ha-Ha. Very funny. I would have been tied with Hiccup if you hadn't taken that sheep from me!" I replied.

"Say whatever will make you feel better." Eret chuckled and sat next to me. 

I fidgeted for a moment as I stared out onto the horizon, "So, you are staying on Berk?" I asked.

"Yep. No point in going anywhere else if you're here." He replied, nudging my arm with his shoulder.

"You're certainly a charmer Son of Eret." I said, placing my hand on his. 

He laughed for a moment but then his eyes turned more serious, "(____) . . . I wanted to apologize." he said.

"For what?" I asked.

He looked out towards the sea, "When you were taken away, I should have looked for you." He said.

"Oh Eret-" I began, looking down.

"No, (____), it was my responsibility to look after you." He interrupted. 

"Almost a week after you were taken the village was attacked by Drago's dragons. He said that if we gave up our strongest men to trap dragons for him, he would call them off and the village would be safe. I was vengeful, and angry after you had been taken so I volunteered myself. I found out later he destroyed our home and everyone there anyway." Eret said, I caught my breath and put a hand to my lips.

"Eret . . . Drago was a madman, and you had no way of knowing I was still out there!" I said, throwing a hand up towards the horizon.

 Eret looked down and put a hand to a spot on his chest. 

"He branded you too?" I asked, He nodded. 

I placed a hand under my shoulder.

"I still have so many regrets. Seven years gone." Eret replied. 

I thought for a second, "I think it's best to think about now. We're together again and surrounded by friends. What more could we ask for?" I sighed.

We sat there and looked into each other's eyes for a moment before Eret looked back out into the sunset, "Well put." he chuckled, shaking his head.

Eret looked back to me, "I missed you. Even when you would put yourself in danger, and cheat during training-" 

I gasped, "I did not cheat!" I argued, throwing an offended hand to my chest.

"Kissing someone as a distraction totally counts as cheating!" Eret disputed. 

"A strategy is a strategy." I shrugged.

"Besides, you can't avoid a kiss forever." I smirked.

"I don't mind." he replied, placing a hand behind my head and leaning forward and pressing our lips together.

"Hey lovebirds! Everyone's joining for dinner in the mess hall!" A shout came from behind us.

We both broke away and whipped around to see Tuffnut.

Eret and I quickly pulled away from each other.

"You two are welcome to come eat dinner if you want! But- I suppose if you're enjoying that more-" Tuff teased.

"We're coming!" I yelled. Eret laughed as I shook my head.

Eret and I headed to the mess hall with our dragons where the Berkians ate and laughed.