1- The Fall

All Jason had wanted was to have a nice family dinner. When Steph had stopped by his apartment earlier that day to ask if he wanted to come over to the manor he'd reluctantly said yes. Well, seemingly reluctantly. In actuality he had been missing Alfred's cooking for the last week and decided that a visit to the manor was long over due.

He should have known that dinner wouldn't go as planned, nothing ever did when the entire family ended up in the same room. The first sign of alarm should have been when an small explosion was reported at the docks. Not wanting a repeat of the dock fires from a few decades ago, Bruce decided that the entire family would suit up and help put out the fires as fast as possible. Jason didn't object because Alfred wouldn't have allowed anyone to eat until everyone got back anyway, so might as well help out.

When they got to the docks it was immediately suspicious that there was a noticeable lack of fire. It screamed like trap but everyone decided that it would be a good idea to search the place anyway. So Damian and Cass went one way, Dick and Barbara another, while the rest of them paired off.

Duke and Jason ended up taking the south side of the docs and after checking 5 wear-houses found absolutely nothing that indicated the supposed fire. Over the coms everyone reported the same thing and Bruce instructed everyone to meet in the center of the yard. When the two of them reached the center of the district Steph and Tim were already standing there and Duke waved as they got closer.

"Well wasn't that just a waste of fucking time," Jason grunted. Even if it was their jobs to look into hit like this, he was hungry and tired. If someone called in a false report they'd sooner have a bullet through their head.

Tim was leaning heavily on his bow staff and yawned while agreeing, "Dude I agree but hey, at least we'll get to eat Agent A's cooking sooner than if there was an actual fire."

Steph walked up to him and began knocking on his helmet, "I don't know Red, according to Hood over here 'He could couldn't care less about those damn cookies'." Jason batted her hands away and glared at her. She laughed and backed away from him.He may or may not have said that. It didn't mean it was true though! He was supposed to be a bad ass anti-hero/vigilante/outlaw. He would not show his excitement over cookies!

"Awwww is that true Jaybird? I'll gladly take your serving then." Dick said while front flipping over to them and wrapping Jason in a hug. "And I promise not to tell A that you said that." Jason shrugged him off and twisted to punch him when Damian came out of no where and hit the hilt of his katana on Jason's elbow.

"Ow! You absolute son of a Bitch!" He shouted and turned to face the youngest of their group.

"How dare you insult my mother Hood!" Damian sneered and raised his sword at him.

Jason rubbed painfully at his elbow while glaring at the tiny hell demon, "I was talking about B you asshole." Damian's glare faltered."See! You can't even argue with me,"

"Am I the only one concerned that you both think that Talia is less of a bitch than B? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just concerned that Batman manages to outrank the assassin when it comes to bitchyness." Duke chimed from his place next to Cass, the two of them next to each other was always a sight given the height difference and contrasting aesthetics.

"I'd prefer if all of you could stop calling me a bitch, and I have to argue with you on Talia being less of a bitch than me." Bruce spoke as he materialized out of the shadows. Speak of the devil. Everyone jumped a little bit at Bruce's voice and Jason cursed loudly. Damn that man and his sneakiness.

"I mean he has a point, Talia is the reason Robin exists so...one could argue," Steph pointed out which got a snort from Tim.

"Watch you mouth-" Damian started and turned on her instead.

"Quiet." Bruce demanded and everyone immediately went on guard. Jason pulled out one of his guns from its holder and he heard the others pull out their weapons as well. Despite all of the joking everyone knew when to listen to Bruce. He might be a bitch but they all knew better than to disobey orders, especially in the field.

Heavy footsteps could be heard and they all pivoted to face their direction. Jason could see the movement in the shadows and aimed his gun directly at the person.

"I hope you realize that false police reports are a federal crime!" Jason shouted.

"Well I suppose its good that I didn't make a police report then. I suppose you could call it a 'Bat-report'. And look here, the whole gang is here. Perfect."

The person stepped into the light and Bruce growled. "Penguin." Jason watched ad Bruce moved slightly outside the circle they'd formed and in between Penguin and the rest of them. "What do you want, Cobblepot?!"

"Oh me? The same thing everybody in this town wants. You dead." A click sounded through the air.

Everything happened so fast that Jason hardly had anytime to process, let alone move. Bruce lunged at Penguin and succeeded in knocking him to the ground. The rest of them didn't even get the chance to help him because they were falling. They kept falling and falling and Jason could hear Dick shouting somewhere in the endless void of colors they found themselves in.

Then everything went black.

Authors Note-

I've been extremely MIA for the past year but I'm trying to get back into writing. I have a lot of WIPs and this is the first that I'm posting. Anyway I hope you enjoy it and if you notice any typos or mistakes please leave helpful comments.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Storm