The Deadly Maze, Chapter Two- Captive Meets June

A/N: Sorry you guys! The long awaited chapter of Deadly Maze has been published now!

Captive's POV

Lightning bolts of pain course through my leg. I bite my lip to keep from crying out. Any small noise escapes me, and they me. I've been in the Maze for a week now. I've lost some weight, my hair is a mess, and I don't really want to look in a mirror. I'm pretty sure I look like a mess. I examine my knee in the dim light, trying to be as quiet as possible. My fingers come away covered in blood. The stinging pain fades a small amount. I need bandages, but there haven't been many packages lately. I guess the Host has forgotten about me.

I examine my surroundings: wall, wall, package, open- wait. A package! I scramble to my feet, wincing. Shuffling over to the package, I notice that it's clean, which means that the package is new. I open it and find food, water, and more importantly, medical supplies. "Thanks, Host," I whisper, immediately cleaning myself up. Tying the bandage tightly, I focus on the other items in the package. I munch on the food, which is a granola bar, some sort of mushy stuff, and other random summer camp snacks. I have half a bottle of water remaining because I used it to clean my knee. I need to rush my food because I don't know when I'll find the exit or the next package. I take a small sip of water and continue walking through the Maze.

~~~

I hear the scrape of boots behind me and jump. No one was supposed to be in here, except me. I pick up my pace, limping slightly still. A hidden speaker crackles to life. "Don't be frightened, Captive." Host's voice seems almost giddy. "I brought you a little friend. You seemed lonely."

What the fuck? Host never, in any past episodes, has given their Captive a "friend" before. Maybe one that tends to kill people, but never a friend. "H-host?" I ask.

"Yes," comes the crackly, disguised voice.

"This 'friend' isn't going to kill me, right?"

"Nooooo. You're special. You get a good friend, a nice friend." Host sounds very suspicious to me. I stop and turn around anyway. Time to meet my death head-on. As I go to take out the sharp stone I found to bash this person's brains in, the footsteps approach.

A young child appears in the light. Fuck. I was about to kill a child. I bend down to the little girl.

"What's your name, dear?" I ask her. She giggles.

"You aren't supposed to know that. Or tell anyone yours. You look funny, did ya know that?" This girl is kinda rude. I'd like to meet her parents, and scold them for raising her like this. That is if I make it out of here alive.

"Fine. Have it your way, I guess." I turn around and start walking again. The girl follows, humming a strange tune.

"What are you humming?" I ask the girl. I'm going to call her June because I'm tired of referring to her as "the girl". She seems like a June, too.

"Just a little song. Host thought you might like it." Shit. That is creepy. Even more creepy than being stuck in a deadly maze (haha) while your pain is being broadcast to millions of viewers everywhere, somehow. I guess it's because June knows Host, and Host told her to hum it.

She must be one of the staff/crew members' children.

"Hey. Do you know the way out?" I ask June.

"Why?"

"Because... I need to get out of here. Clean up and all that."

"Dunno if I'm s'posed to tell you or not." She fiddles with a button on her dress.