Chapter 1

June 13, 1987,
The town of SunnyDale

All you could hear was 7 teenaged girls running and parading their way down the neighborhood street with flavored ice Slurpee or regular ice creams in their hands as it was officially the first day of Summer. The girls hung out all day already enjoying each other's company and going to different spots but it was time to settle down and head home as the sun started to set down creating a euphoric orange and pinkish glow throughout the sky.

"Can you believe it!? It's fucking summer!!" Lily shrieked to the top of her lungs, throwing her arms around Haewon and Sullyoon's shoulder and giggling highly into their ears. She was the most excited out of the entire group since she was so close to failing her sophomore year and having to go to summer school. If she didn't pass her final exams she sure as hell wouldn't be having any freedom hanging out with the rest of the girls.

"So the hangout is continuing at my house right?" Haewon asked.
"Duhhhh!" Kyujin replied back gleefully.
As Haewon smiled brightly at the youngest she turned to the others for assurance to know if they were coming with also.

"Sorry I can't I already promised my father I would spend the rest of my evening with him." Jinni scrunched up her face a bit.
Haewon frowned a little.
"Well I'm coming." Sullyoon said.
Lily agreed to go to Haewon's house to chill as well as Kyujin and Jiwoo.

Bae nodded her head but had looks of hesitation and slight discomfort on her face.
Jiwoo was the only one to quickly notice it.

Once Jinni departed from the group the rest of the girls started walking a different direction down the street, heading towards Haewon's house. Bae was about to start walking until Jiwoo stopped her in her tracks making the two now the only ones left behind.

"Hey you okay?" Jiwoo asked. She looked deep into Bae's eyes with her right eyebrow lifting up a bit.
Bae put on a confused look.
"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know....you just seem off, that's all." Jiwoo hung her head low, feeling a bit embarrassed about her question.

"Yea well....y'know....when you have to keep your relationship private with your girlfriend because we're both closeted but its still awkward to see her flirt and fuck around with a bunch of guys to be seen straight its kind of...I guess....a bit unflattering."
Bae tried to say in a joking manner, but both her and Jiwoo knew she was serious.

Jiwoo knew exactly what she talking about. Earlier today when the girls were at an arcade a random guy that looked around their age went up to Jiwoo and started flirting with her but the flirting gone too far where it was to the point the two of them started getting touchy and groped Jiwoo's ass.
Of course Jiwoo didn't like it but she pretended to and smiled along with it though her heart was racing as she secretly noticed Bae watching them at a distance, feeling hurt but can't do nothing.
I mean what can you expect from the two.
Being Lesbian in the 80's? An automatic disaster if anyone ever found out. Not even the rest of the girls know about Bae and Jiwoo's true sexuality and relationship

An expression of panic flashed across Jiwoo's face.
Jiwoo grabbed her wrist tightly.
"Look I'm sorry about what happened earlier....I didn't know what to do." Jiwoo looked at her with sorrowful eyes.

"Its fine I'm used to it." Bae replied emotionless
Bae tried to walk again but Jiwoo stopped in front of her again.
This time placing her hand softly on her cheek.

" I love you Bae. I'm only flirting with boys because I don't want to be out...I mean...my parents are suspecting so I'm trying everything to throw them off my ass!" Jiwoo voice broke a little.

Bae finally looked back into Jiwoo's eyes with a cold meaningful look.

"I love you Bae." Jiwoo said once more.