Sage

Is it pathetic that I am almost 20 and have a fluffy pink diary? Because I do. Do I write in it every day? No, but I try. I accidentally woke up at 07:13 on a Sunday...during SUMMER VACATION. That is when people are supposed to stay up late and sleep in, but not today I guess. Something that I do enjoy with these early mornings is the smell of fresh bakeries from Mary's bakery right under our apartment. That is where I'll be working this summer. What am I going to do after summer break you may ask, the answer is UNIVERSITY! I got accepted last week to my dream school Columbia University in New York! What doesn't excite me though is the thought of leaving Mary, but she keeps saying that it is a problem for later even though it isn't. I'll have to find an apartment and a job to afford leaving there. But for now, I am just gonna keep working for Mary until I find an affordable apartment.

A while after just laying in my bed and staring at the ceiling, I managed to get out of bed. I did my morning skincare routine and put on some normal clothes and by normal I mean the jeans that I've been wearing for an entire year without washing them even once and a white top. I didn't make any breakfast since I always steel the freshly baked ones that had just come out of the oven.

Running down the stairs and opening the door that leads to the bakery, I walk into Mary who seemed to be deep in thought. But as quick as I notice it she snaps out of her trance and I just brush it off.

"Good morning sweetie, you're up early," She says with the biggest smile. A smile that is too big for it to be so early in the morning. She's always been a morning person so what would you expect.

"Yeah I tried going back to sleep again but it did not work, Figured I'd just help out down here". Talking has always been hard on me. Growing up nobody listened to me and they never talked to me. But Mary makes it easy. Sometimes I wonder if I talked with others then maybe I could have a friend or two. Not that I want any, just one of a million thoughts you know.

"Alright, can you take the counter? I've got some goods in the oven." She says while walking towards the kitchen door, not even waiting for an answer. I give her a thumbs up, that she doesn't even notice.

That was when the first customer of the day walked in.