Jaxon

I waited for Trevor for about 15 minutes only for him to end up wearing a pair of cargo shorts and a white t-shirt. After arguing about how slow he is we ended up in his car and on our way to the bakery.

"You are going to love Mary, she is the sweetest person you'll meet. I sort of like her more than my mom just doesn't tell her that if you ever see her." Trevor says after sitting five minutes in complete silence.

"And you are going to love Sage too, she has been so at so much help and my granma loves her as her own" He adds.

Sage. That name reminded me of a character from the computer game Valorant that I used to play when I was younger....or maybe two days ago.

"how's Sage?" I don't really care but the silence is killing me so why not ask.

"I don't know much about her, she is very private and shy. Well sort of, I saw her fighting a big as man ones, don't know why though. But anyways, Mary took her in when she was 11 or 12 I think and they have been living together since."

Not gonna lie that got my attention, I kind of want to know more now but just as I was about to ask I notice that we are currently parking outside an emerald green bakery.

"Alright, get your ass out," he says while raising his eyebrows up and down. That was traumatizing.

As soon as I walk into the bakery behind Trevor, the smell of delicious newly baked bakeries hit me, and HOLY SHIT. I snap out of my trance before I start drooling on the floor.

I look around the bakery and I have to admit, the decor is very nice kinda makes it feel homie. I spot an older lady behind the counter who I assume is Mary.

"Grandma, how are you doing," Trevor says, confirming that the lady is mary. They have similar eyes if you look closely.

"Trevie boy hello dear. I'm just fine. Sundays are easy days here at the bakery."

"Good to know, anywho this is my new roomie Jaxon. I wanted to bring him here and introduce you to him myself."

"Jaxon yes, of course, I have heard so much about you. Pen pals and all that. "

I was about to answer when an alarm breaks out making Mary jump.

"SHOOT, I forgot the cookies in the oven, I'll tell sage to help you guys in a sec."

She runs into the kitchen, not fast though... I'd be dead if she was the one coming to help me. Respectfully. Trevor looks at me with a weird face, weirder than normal.

"Look man I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything but Sage, that woman is gorgeous but also of limits. Not that she would let you get far. or whatever but"

what was he trying to say? I was about to ask him to get to the point but his eyes aren't on me, instead, they are looking at someone behind me. I turn around and he wasn't kidding. Sage walks from the kitchen door to the counter while tying her apron around her small waist.

She might catch me staring but I can't help it.

"Trevor, hi what can I get you?" She asks with a very small smile. Even her voice is enchanting.

What the fuck am I even saying right now??

"Sage, good to see you again. This is my friend Jaxon who is also my roommate for now."

Her eyes move from Trevor to mine. Goddamn, those are the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen. I don't seem to find the words so I just nod. TF?!

"Yeah anyways, I would like the usual and Jaxon will have the lemon cake with coffee, oh and with a splash of oat milk. Did I get that right?" He asks me and I just nod, Again, WTF is wrong with me.

Trevor pays for everything while she hands us our bakeries. We end up sitting at a table close to the glass wall waiting for our drinks. Trevor was talking but every now and then I found myself staring at the way she was making our drinks. Five minutes later she walks toward our table with two coffees in her hands. Something about that makes me nervous so I tried to adjust myself better but that did not help. Because now she was staring at me. More specifically at my pants. When she noticed me watching her I could have sworn that I saw a splash of red on her cheeks.

She puts down our coffee and speed walks through the kitchen doors. That was the last time I saw her today.