It's not Xie Lian's fault he knew exactly who was in front of him, as soon as he saw them.

It's really not his fault for calling them out on it either. He wasn't trying to be rude. But when you know someone well you learn their aura, and that will follow them no matter what they change.

So here he is, staring between Feng Xin and Mu Qing. "Your highness... are you going to say something?" Feng Xin asks slightly concerned.

"Sorry I just..." he trails off. Perhaps he'd been staring too long. It's not his fault. He's shocked and amazed and slightly confused. Maybe he should be concerned?

"Why would you volunteer to help me... you don't..." Xie Lian sighs frustrated. Are they here to mock him? It's not really Feng Xin's style and he can't see Mu Qing mocking him other than sarcastic comments that come from a sort of caring place?

Does Xie Lian even hold a place within them anymore? Great he just ascended again, Jun Wu called for his help, he has a huge debt to pay off, and now he's facing his ex friends who "volunteered".

Mu Qing is clearly fed up already huffing at the prince. "We don't what? Want to be here? Well tough we're here."

Feng Xin glares at the other. Xie Lian just laughs it off. "Ah my Qing you haven't changed." He giggles reaching for his tea. He feels more at ease now. "Anyway you two, I don't know what could have possibly possessed you to travel here with me of all people, but we are not as we once were. You have no obligation to... to..."

Xie Lian tilts his head. "Why are you looking at me like that?" The two generals gape looking angry in Mu Qing's case and shocked in Feng Xin's. "You know who we are?" Mu Qing asks almost offended.

Xie Lian scratches his cheek. "Ah is this about earlier when I asked who you were? Sorry I couldn't recognise you properly but it's not because I forgot you, it's just... ah it's been a while hasn't it." He says sounding much sadder than when he started his sentence.

Feng Xin sighs. "It has been a long time, but I think the question was, you recognised us even in this form." "Oooh." Xie Lian nods. "Of course, no matter what you look like I'll always be able to tell it's you. I know your aura too well."

Mu Qing stands up suddenly. "This was stupid. Why did I bother?" He asks before stomping off. The princes smile falls but Xie Lian doesn't try to stop him. "You won't stop him your highness?" Feng Xin asks. Xie Lian shakes his head. "What good will it do? He hates me. Besides when has begging him to stay ever worked before?" Feng Xin grows silent.

"Feng Xin, I won't ask you to leave again, but if you're here because you hold regret of some kind, rest assured I have no ill will against either of you. I hold no feelings of negativity."

The god smiles cheerfully. "I don't have the right to hold a grudge when it was all my fault." Feng Xin looks pale. Not expecting it. "Your fault? Why would you blame yourself?" Then adding. "What do you even blame on yourself?"

"What a loaded question to ask a stranger." Xie Lian looks to the side a soft smile that Feng Xin recognises as affection. The prince gestures to the partition and giggles. "Please come out, you'll make a scene Mu Qing." He asks gently. "You want to hear my answers yes? Come sit back down with us. I'll pour you tea."

Mu Qing appears from behind the wall the shorter god spoke too.  Feng Xin looks impressed then looks to Mu Qing smirking. "Tamed by his highness, surely nothing has changed."

"Whatever." Mu Qing says grabbing the tea. Xie Lian blinks once. Twice. "Did he just roll his eyes at me?" Feng Xin nods. "He did." Xie Lian smiles sheepishly. "I see."

"Your highness I'm still curious what is it you blame yourself for?"

Xie lians face grows grim. "With such a loaded question, I wonder if you're ready for the truth." He muses sadly. Feng Xin frowns. "You called me a stranger, is that how you see us?" Xie Lian shakes his head. "Is it not how you want me to see you? So much happened since you were gone. So much time passed. It was all my fault of course."