02 | Who Are You

October 5th 2022
9:00 am

Jungwon's eyes fluttered open at the bright sunlight hitting his face through the large window.
He slowly sat up on the couch before the pain struck his shoulder making him hiss out loudly which caught the attention of the girl sitting at the table a few feet away from him.

Minji approached the boy slowly while keeping a fair distance between them as she was still slightly intimitated by the stranger.
Jungwon stared at the girl who kept taking small steps closer to him.
He chuckled lowly as he looked at the girl's wary expression.

"Are you scared of me?"

Minji's eyes widened from embarrasment as the boy had so easily sensed her fear.
She smiled nervously before letting out an awkward laugh while shaking her head to quickly deny the boy's question.

"N-No, of course not!
I just didn't want to make you uncomfortable"

Minji cursed at her stuttering while hoping her pathetic attempt of convincing the boy had worked.
The boy scoffed while averting his gaze away from the girl before his eyes landed on the shirt he was wearing.
His eyes widened as he realized his shoulder was bandaged while the shirt he had on certainly wasn't the one he wore last night.

Minji noticed the boy's sudden change as he slowly turned his head towards her while looking at her with widened eyes.
The girl panicked as the boy's intimidating eyes pierced through her soul as she was desperately trying to think of an explanation.

"Oh, your shirt?
Ah, you see I had to take care of your wound and your shirt was stained with blood so I-"

Minji was interrupted by the boy holding his hand up in front of her face, indicating her to stop talking.
He stood up from the couch before taking steps closer to her.
The girl gulped as the intimidating boy kept staring at her with a blank expression as he was only a few steps away from her.
He stopped in front of the girl before staring into her eyes.
Minji swore the boy's eyes where the most piercing yet strangely beautiful pair she had ever came across.

"Thank you. I would like my shirt back now"

Jungwon said calmly before forcing a fake smile on his lips while his eyes remained stoic.
Minji fidgeted with her hands while thinking about her next words.

"So...I kinda had to throw it away because it was stained with blood and I didn't want a bloody shirt laying around here-"

Jungwon interrupted the girl's ramble with a scoff as he brought his hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose out of frustration.
Minji scratched the nape of her neck while smiling awkwardly as she hoped the boy wouldn't be mad at her.

"Please tell me you at least have my gun?"

Minji's eyes widened at the mention of the weapon.
She nodded her head before walking past the boy to grab the gun she had hid in the closet.
The boy grabbed the gun from her hands before making his way towards the exit of the apartment.
Minji ran after the boy before grabbing his arm to stop him.
The boy winced as she had accidentally grabbed his injured arm.
He glared at the girl with an irritated expression while waiting for her to speak.

"You should really get proper treatment for that, the bandage won't do much"

Minji said while eyeing the boy with an apologetic expression.
Jungwon looked at the girl before feigning a smile at her.
Minji's heart stopped at the sight of the boy's smile as she kept looking at him while feeling a smile making its way to her lips.
She had so many questions for the boy and it was killing her not being able to ask them out loud.

"I have a friend who can help, don't worry. Thank you for the help"

Minji was snapped back to reality as she watched the boy turn around to leave after speaking.
She stood at the door while watching the boy walk further away before she quickly ran after him.

"Wait! Who are you?
Will we ever see eachother again? Are you-"

Jungwon turned around while exhaling loudly as he stared at the rambling girl before interrupting her.

"Do you always talk this much?"

Minji's cheeks flushed red at the boy's question as she looked at the ground out of embarrassment.
Jungwon's eyes softened at the girl's reaction before quickly shaking away the concern and letting out a cough to get rid of the growing awkwardness.

"To answer one of your many questions; I think it's better if we don't see eachother again"

Minji lifted her head at the boy's words as her expression dropped.
The boy began walking away again without sparing a glance at the girl as he made his way down the stairs.
Minji ran to the top of the staircase to ask the boy one more question to ease her curiousity.

"At least tell me your name?"

Jungwon stopped at the girl's question before hesitating for a moment.
He turned his head to the side as he looked at the girl's questioning expression.

"It's Jungwon"

Minji watched as the boy turned back to walk away before disappearing behind the wall as only his fast steps against the concrete echoed through the staircase.

══════════════════

jungwon is a mysterious guy hmmhh ;)

hope you enjoyed this chapter ♡

-mira