New Job

Akane-

Gender: F
Age: 26
Personality: Headstrong, Stubborn, Once she decides on something she won't change her mind. Plays neutral, but will secretly pit the other sides against each other. Someone who makes sure to not have any losses. Usually cheerful.
Species: Human
Identity: Leader of Crimson Blade, Yumi's underling.

Species: HumanIdentity: Leader of Crimson Blade, Yumi's underling

{3 years ago}

"I like this one. What about you Akane?" A girl with brown hair, green eyes, and a cheerful smile held up a pretty floral dress.

"I think I like this one Atsume." Akane held up a black dress that went off shoulder and had a belt with a silver chain that was connected to belt making a loop. The bottom of the dress went just above the edge of her knees.

"I don't think that one fits you. Why don't you try this one on?" The one named Atsume held up a short, tight dress that had a small slit on the side.

Akane looked at the dress, then at the excited face of her younger sister, Atsume. She forced a small smile and said, "Sure.."

She went into the room to try on the outfit. After she finished and came out, Atsume ran to her.

"It looks amazing on you! I love it!"

Akane blushed happily and smiled. It seems it was worth it to wear something like this. She got to make her sister smile. It was such an innocent and pure smile that when people saw it, they couldn't help but adore her.

Just then, three people walked in.

"Who here is named Atsume?"

Akane looked at her sister's face for a second when the person said that. Her sister was confused, but it looked like she was also panicking.

She leaned toward her frail sister and whispered, "It's okay. I won't let anything happen to you."

As Akane looked towards the people once more, Atsume's confused and panicky face twisted into a malicious one.

A little while later, the people who came for Atsume left. They called their boss, and it turned out that they heard the name wrong.

Akane and Atsume finished their shopping, and were on their way home.

But, as they were walking, a man came running at Atsume with a knife. Afraid that her sister would die, Akane jumped in front of Atsume to save her.

As she lay on the ground half dead, Akane heard laughter and the words that came after shook her to her core.

"It's about time. Mom and Dad should've gotten rid of her when they first saw her on the road. I don't know why they kept her.. Aren't you going to get rid of the corpse now, Elijah?"

"Miss Atsume, she isn't dead yet.."

"Oh! Whoops.. It seems like she heard me then. Hey Akane, if you're still in there, you should know that you're adopted. Have fun in the afterlife. Maybe you'll find your birth parents, unless they abandoned you.. Well, at least you're out of my life."

A single tear rolled down Akane's face as she listen to Atsume rambling on. If she was able to have a second life, she wouldn't fall for these tricks.

Suddenly, the three people heard footsteps.

"How many times have I told you, don't lose sight of the target. I don't understand how you manage to always do the exact opposite of what I want. Now you just HAD to get me involved, didn't you?"

The reprimanding voice slowly got louder until a little girl that looked about twelve or thirteen showed up, followed by the people who were looking for Atsume.

Except, they weren't looking for Atsume, they were actually looking for Akane.

"Now now now, this isn't right. You there, get the dead girl. The other two people, catch the murderers."

The little girl's rang out loud and clear as she ordered the three men around.

Akane was then safely rescued by the man.

As for Atsume and the guy name Elijah, they panicked and tried to run away. This only made them more suspicious. Once their crime was revealed, they were served a life sentence in prison.

{With Akane}

"Hey, fairies. You're able to heal her right?"

"Or course we can. We're the most noble and righteous of our kind. Why do you want to heal this woman? It isn't like you to do this.." The fairy speaking had a boastful voice that turned suspicious toward the end.

"I just feel that she's more than she looks like. That's why I had them save her. Y'know?"

"...If you don't want to tell us, just say it.."

"You're right. I don't." Yumi said while laughing.

"Ugh..."

A small groan brought them out of their conversation as Akane woke up.

"Where am I?" She asked sleepily.

"My house." Yumi stated with a matter-of-fact voice.

"Hmm." Akane said as she turned to look at Yumi.

"I know you want to know what happened, so the summary is that they went to jail, got what was coming for them, and everyone thinks you're dead."

"What do I do now?"

"You can work for me." Yumi said with a smile.

Akane stared at Yumi and said, "I'm sure you know the answer already.

"Well then, are you ready for your new job?" Yumi asked with a beam.

-

I know that the ending is a bit off, but I kinda ran out of ideas there. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Au revoir!