Chapter 1: What contest?

It was a Friday, when I got on my Gmail and saw the e-mail from Facebook. The title was: for KING & COUNTRY mentioned you in a post.

Wow, I thought, maybe they're finally thanking me for all the comments, all the likes, all the shares, all the letters, all the concerts I've gone to, all the merch I bought, all the EVERYTHING I've done to support them!! But I still wan't sure. Ahh, my name was probably just lumped in with 100 others.

So when I click on the link that takes me to Facebook, I'm surprised to see: Congratulations, Mary Rezin! Mate, you have just been announced winner of our contest! Your support throughout the years has named you the #1 Superfan, along with the multiple testimonies from your friends. Your packet of information will be arriving in the mail shortly. We can't wait until you join us! Best wishes- joel and Luke

Underneath are about 5 thousand people wishing me good luck, telling me how lucky I am, saying how the wish the were me, and sarcastically wishing me a terrible time (then, of course, saying all the usual stuff). But I am baffled. A contest? What contest? I have entered many of their contests and drawing, but for the last week I've been on vacation. Well, hey, my support DID win me something! Then the phone rings, and my mom brings me the phone. "It's Abbie." She says.

"Hello." I say.

"OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH. OH. MY. GOSH!!!!!" She screams into the phone, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!??!?! HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS?!?!?! YOU HAD BETTER THANK ME, I'M THE ONE WHO ENTERED YOU!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WERE PICKED!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Ahh," I say, pulling the phone away from my ear. "Stop screaming and slow down! We just got home from Iowa, remember? I got an e-mail form Facebook, but the post doesn't tell me anything. What did I win? Oh wait," I say as my chat box pops open on my e-mail. "I just got a message from Lindsay. It says Hey I tried to call, but your phone was busy! Did you see?!?!?!?!? I CANT BELIEVE YOU WON!!! Just BTW, I entered you in that contest!!!"

"Haha, we must have both entered you!" she says. "But for now, just go to their website and look at the contest! Also, I'm coming over right now!"

"What for?"

"To give you your going away present! Bye!" She hangs up, and I'm super confused.

A second chat box pops up on my e-mail, this one from my friend Josh. It says basically the some thing as Lindsay's. And one on Facebook, from Faith. A message from so and so, saying the remembered how much I liked that band when I saw the contest, and had decided to enter me, just for fun. More keep popping up every second.

My mind is still boggled. WHAT. THE. HECK. IS. GOING. ON?

Finally, I wade through all the chats and messages and notifications and find my way to the for KING & COUNTRY website. There's my name again, under a huge banner that says CONTEST WINNER!!! I clink on the contest tab, and finally arrive at the prize section. I seem to have won...

No way.

This is impossible.

No it's not.

No.

This isn't real.

This couldn't be happening.

But it is.

THIS IS REAL.

No. It's not.

But is IS.

I feel dizzy. I think I'm going to faint. But I don't.

I have won the great privilege...

Of touring.

With the band.

On the You Matter tour.