Chapter 9: Remembering

Well, what do you know, I'm back to writing this after, what, 8 months?!?! There will be a time skip to the present. ~The Fanvergent  

Dang. What has happened? I think as I climb back on board the tour bus late at night. Concerts every few days, meeting fans, assisting as best I can with set ups and tear downs... All this has zapped my strength. Climbing into my little bunk, I'm asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow.

I wake late the next morning from muted voices singing in the back area of the bus. I simply lay and listen best I can, deciding not to make any noise while they're trying to record. Thinking on everything that has happened lately, I smile. I had really gotten to know the guys better in the past couple of months, helping my fangirl crushes fade a little. They teased me and we joked and laughed and talked easily, they were more human somehow, more like older brother or cousins now. I especially loved talking with the bus driver, and I felt these guys understood me better than most other people.

Apparently a lot can happen in a period of months.

Lots of time had been spent down in New Mexico, where they had filmed their movie Priceless. That was, in my opinion, the most amazing experience of my life. Priceless carried such an amazing message, and their song Priceless made me cry the first time I saw it performed live. It still makes me emotional. I finger my necklace, remembering how it always gave me confidence to talk to others about my worth.

Winter Jam had started, and it was absolutely amazing to tour with such amazing artists. Matthew was hilarious and sassy, Lauren Daigle was super sweet and amazing to just girl talk with sometimes. And Priceless: The Tour started right after Winterjam ended.

I got up, showered and got dressed in shorts (us currently being in North Carolina where it was warm and sunny) and my Avengers Age of Ultron T-shirt. Sitting down at a table, I opened my geometry book. When school had started back again, my mom had sent me all the piles of school books I had to do. What fun.

But to be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue travelling with the band on Priceless: The Tour. I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved the band and the guys and the entire life, but I missed my family and friends. I was starting to feel a little disconnected. My thoughts wandered to other places than radicals in denominators. What would I be doing at my chemistry class on Wednesdays? Who's birthday parties have I missed? What is my sister's college  apartment like? I had been able to visit home when I could, but it was too expensive to fly me all over the US, so my family drove me back in a few days when the band was still in the next state.

There was no doubt about it.

I was homesick.

So, my readers, I'm happy to be back, and I hope you're not too mad at me! I think my plan will be to have her go back home soon, and have the rest of the story be her remembering scenes or telling her friends about it, because she obviously can't spend the rest of her life touring.... I'm still throwing around ideas, so feel free to comment any of yours!! ~The Fanvergent