Chapter 7.

____________________

Alex bolted up in her seat. The sound of emerging alarms waking her from her light slumber, only to see her father rise from the bed and try to escape.

"What the hell are you doing?" Alex stood up

"It's okay" Melissa reassured, easing him back down

"What's going on?" She looked between the two

"Whatever it is, it's spreading" Melissa sighed

"What!?" Allison appeared in the doorway "how?"

"I wish I knew, but I don't"

"It's a supernatural toxin. If they try to cut it out, it will spread" Chris Warned Melissa

"Let me try" Alex volunteered,

"No" all three said at once

Alex rolled her eyes "I am clearly the better and if not only idea left. I am stronger than I used to be and I can handle this."

"Alex, I'm sorry but no" Chris refused.

"Why!" Alex exclaimed "why won't you let me help you, I'm here and I have the abilities to do so, for the love of god just let me help"

"Alex" Melissa said softly

"No" Alex shook her head "the answer is standing right in front of you, and you refusing to even consider it. I refuse to lose you dad, my life is falling apart because of whatever all of this is so I refuse to lose you to it as well"

Alex felt her phone in her back pocket, she excused herself quickly and walked outside to answer.

"What was that about?" Melissa asked

"Whatever this stiles thing is. She's become obsessed, it's unhealthy" Allison explained

"You don't believe her?" Melissa asked

Allison shook her head "She's clearly chasing a ghost. It's not good for her"

Alex walked back in, now didn't exactly seem perfect but her friends were going to find the lost town and she was going with them.

"Can I have minute alone please?" Alex asked

Melissa nodded, she ushered Allison - who seemed unimpressed out of the room.

"What is it?" Chris asked

"That was Lydia. She's going to find Canaan" Alex replied, "I won't go if you don't want me to. I'll stay"

"No" he shook his head, "do you believe that stiles is real?"

"Yes" Alex exhaled, "I can feel it in my bones, something is missing from my life and it has to be him but allison doesn't believe me and she's so pissed and I have spent days chasing someone that mightn't even be real rather than being here with you"