𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊 -
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

7,139 words.

June arrived too fast, but if anything Olivia was thankful, it meant mock exams had started to take place at college so she had less time to think about the ridiculously passionate night she had spent with her boss, five weeks ago. The memories plagued her mind, her dreams and even her nightmares, how had she been so stupid to believe it was anything more then Aaron wanting to lay off some steam?

He avoided her at all costs. She took turns babysitting at The Hotchner's house — well, now Hayley's via the divorce and at Aaron's new apartment a few streets away. The ex-spouses seemed to be working better apart then together, from the small snippets Olivia had seen. Jack was more then excited about two houses, telling her excitedly about how he gets double the fun now.

It was embarrassing how flustered Olivia got when Aaron arrived at his own home, how her cheeks stained red and she stuttered over her words, this night was no exception.

4th June 2009.

She heard the key in the lock, the usual clicking sound as Jack gasped, looking up at her with a smile, "Is it Daddy?" He whispered with bright eyes.

Olivia grinned softly, "I hope so, who else has a key?" She bopped his nose, helping the young boy untangle himself from the blanket they was under.

Just as the door opened Jack ran at his father, tackling him in a tight embrace, Aaron lifted his son into the air, pressing a kiss to his forehead, "Hey, buddy" He murmured.

She listened to Jack ramble about their day together as she turned the TV off, neatening up the couch and grabbing her handbag, "We made cupcakes! We finger painted, Daddy look! Livvy even put it on the fridge for you and there's one in your office and-"

"Slow down, buddy" Aaron chuckled, his attention turning to Olivia as she slipped on her shoes, waiting patiently for him to no longer block the doorway, "You gonna' say goodnight to Liv, huh?"

Jack turned to the woman with wide eyes and a bright smile, "Livvy, you can't go! We didn't finish all of Spider-Man and you promise-"

"Uh-ah" Olivia shook her head with a smile, "I told you, little Hotchner, that we could start it and that we'd finish it when we got chance too, it'll have to wait till next week, or you'll have to watch it with your dad" She explained gently, "Anyway, sweetness, you've seen it almost a billion times! You know the ending" She teased, squeezing his cheek.

"Livvy!" Jack groaned dramatically, "It's not even 7 o'clock yet!" He pointed at the clock as another dramatised sigh fell from his lips.

Aaron couldn't help the small smile flickering at his lips, it was clear to see how much Jack adored his babysitter and even clearer how much Olivia adored his son, "Buddy, Liv has work to do, she has tests and she needs to study, why don't we finish the end of the film, yeah?" He offered, his attention back on his son.

Jack sighed heavily, "Daddy, you don't do the funny web noises that Livvy does!" His arms folded across his chest.

Olivia let out an awkward laugh, glancing up at Aaron, "You gotta make the web shooting noises... otherwise what's the point?" She joked, cheeks a deep burgundy, "Your dad's right though, my little love, I have to be up super early tomorrow, I'm going to daddy's work for a super boring lecture" Olivia rolled her eyes dramatically.

"You are?" The Hotchner's replied in sync.

"It's for our Criminal Defence class, a few different units are talking about the important of evidence being used correctly for a successful trial" She explained to Aaron, "Pretty sure the bureau does it every year"