Do you have a pen?

It's Thursday and Carl Gallagher is sitting in his geography class next to his girlfriend Dom. He has been dating her for a bit but he is starting to get bored. And he was kind of getting annoyed by her, fed up even. This happens a lot with the girls his with. They're fun at first, they have sex and have a good time but eventually, it gets boring and Carl doesn't know why. It was fine with his first girlfriend, Bonnie, she was great, but Dom is getting boring. Maybe he just needs more excitement or a different person.

"Okay class today we will be doing a pop quiz," said the teacher "no cheating, no leaving, and no shootings. Like you haven't heard that before" he scoffs.
Carl goes to get a pen only to realise he doesn't have one, who's he kidding why would he have a pen?

He goes to ask Dom but stops himself. He was getting annoyed with her, maybe he should just avoid her a little, try to get the message over so he won't have to end it. He can go without a girl for a bit, jack off into his hand. So instead he turns to the boy next to him, what was his name? Jake? Jacob?
"S'cuse me, can I borrow a pen or something?" Leaning a bit over the gap in between their desks.

"Uh, yeah sure," He says reaching into his bag and presenting him with a blue pen. Carl nods a thank you to him.

He liked this guy's vibe, he had only seen him around the school once but had never wanted to break his neck, which was odd. Most of the kids at his school were scared shitless of Carl, especially after he got back from juvie, people looked at him in the hall and then would turn the other way. Not like Carl didn't like it, he liked knowing he was in charge and had more power over these kids. But this guy didn't whenever he saw him in class, the yard or the hall he just went past normally, Carl should be pissed that he doesn't have as much power but he likes it, tells him that the Jake, Jacob, Jason, John guy isn't some pussy.

The pop quiz was on the countries, and the states and stuff. And Carl didn't get one bit.
1. Name the capital of India
Shit. Carl looked around confused, most people had written down the answer, some were on their phones or asleep and some were like Carl, stupid.

"You stuck?" It was the guy next to him, chuckling. He had a smirk on his face, it suited him, he had dirty blonde hair that hung in his face, it was sort of like a mullet style but better looking, he had brown eyes masculine eyes and a couple of freckles over his nose.
"I don't even know what continent Indias is in," Carl responds laughing a bit. The guy laughs.

"Well the answers New Deli dumbass, try to survive this quiz"

"Hey quit calling me stupid, u just got lucky," Carl responds not being able to help smiling.

"No I'm not lucky, I just actually study."

"Really how?" Carl asks jokingly but is also confused about how someone can make it through that. Not to mention someone on the southside, studying?

"With books"

"Shit your a real nerd- uh?"

"Oh, Jason. Forgot to introduce myself" Jason says smiling.

"Carl" Carl replies offering a handshake.

"Trust me I've heard," Jason says accepting it.

Time Skip (next day going to Chem)

"Hey, Carl heard we've got some chemistry project coming up, do you want to do it together?" Dom asks clinging onto Carl's arm.

"Uh ok" Carl answers.
When he walks into class he sees a familiar face. So he walks over to it.

"Jason hey, I didn't know I had this class with you too?" Carl said waving.

"Oh hey Carl, did you really not notice me?"
"Yo be fair the first time we talked was yesterday"

"To be fair, it's been almost half a year now" Jason responds cockishly.

"Ok fine whatever" Carl waves him off.

"You here we got a new project coming?" Jason says going to get his textbook out of his bag.

"Yeah literally two minutes ago"

"You wanna do it together, you could really use a smart guy like me." Jason brags.

"Uh I promised my girlfriend but she wouldn't mind, she's got tones of friends that'll do it with her," Carl says putting his stuff on the desk next to Jason's.

"You gotta girlfriend?" Jason asks playfully.

"Yeah why"

"Nothing," Jason says a smile on his face, looking away.

"What tell me" Carl lightly punches his shoulder, mimicking his smile. Jason just openings his textbook ignoring him.

"Fine then dickhead" Carl laughs off.

"Hey, Dom I'm gonna work with Jason instead that alright" Carl yells to Dom who's on the other side of the classroom, she nods, but Carl doesn't pay much attention to her expression and gets back to talking with Jason.

Time Skip to the end of the lesson

"You wanna work on this after school?" Carl asks Jason. Carl has never done homework before.

"Sure, although I just moved houses so there are boxes every and a bunch of chaos so we will have to do it at yours" Jason says, shutting his book.

"You think that's chaos, sure, let's do it at mine, prove you wrong," Carl says standing up and grabbing his stuff.

They left the classroom together, when they had to go their separate ways Jason waved, Carl just gave him an acknowledging middle finger, although with a smile on his face.